AH64ID

More guages installed...

Over the last few weeks I went from 2 gauges, boost and EGT, to 6... I also made my dual a-pillar a single a-pillar.. The visibility is much better now.

I added Rail Pressure (for fun, I don't mess with pressure), fuel pressure, oil pressure, and drive pressure (mainly for exhaust brake pressure). I also moved my pryo probe to the collector and put the drive pressure in the old pyro hole..

I have played with the drive pressure a little, but nothing too much.. I will be curious how it runs when towing.. It gets to about 40 and holds with the WG on... over 55 with the WG off and stock fueling.

The Fuel Pressure sender. I "T"ed into the line after the Cat 2 mic and before the CP3.

Gauges002.jpg

The new pyro location and DP hookup.

Gauges004.jpg

6' of copper tubing to dissipate the DP heat.

Gauges005.jpg

Inline filter to keep any soot (in case of an air leak) from getting to the gauge.

Gauges006.jpg

Where I tapped into the oil.. On the drivers side above the ECM.

Gauges007.jpg

Rail, Fuel, Oil

Gauges008.jpg

EGT

Gauges009.jpg

Boost, Drive

Gauges010.jpg

Wow! Great job! (Yes, Jake; I will get busy installing mine.......LOL)

I kind of wondered about the drive pressure (Kinda like the rail pressure). You will have to notice what the exhaust brake does to it and report back.....

What about oil pressure: Does it agree with the dash or is the dash 'optimistic'?

The EB will almost peg the 0-60.. so I am going to trade it for a 0-100.. which I thought might happen, but wanted to try a 0-60 for the same scale..

Just cruising DP is only 2-5 psi higher than boost.

Guest 9812VCTD

The new gauges look good, it's always nice to monitor the engine's vitals! I'd like to do some more gauges in mine someday.

Justin

Thanks

I had to do a small change last night. I was getting an awful lot of combustion noise with the DP filter on the firewall. So I moved it to the 2 mic filter housing, so much quieter.

That noise you were getting reminds me of all the oil pump noise we got out of our AmsOil bypass installation I did on our first Cummins. I never thought about how noisy the oil pump is. (It is, don't mount anything like that to the body or firewall. Only place you can mount it to is the engine or frame..... The engine is really noisier than you would think. I guess that's why that stuff is mounted to the engine and the engine is mounted to the frame and that is isolated from the body!)

That noise you were getting reminds me of all the oil pump noise we got out of our AmsOil bypass installation I did on our first Cummins. I never thought about how noisy the oil pump is. (It is, don't mount anything like that to the body or firewall. Only place you can mount it to is the engine or frame..... The engine is really noisier than you would think. I guess that's why that stuff is mounted to the engine and the engine is mounted to the frame and that is isolated from the body!)

Yeah, I really heard it on the install on my previous Tacoma. I since take caution as to where my bypass unit goes.

Looks good... When we doing, studs, injectors and twins for all those guages!!!:rockin:

I am going for the least hp per gauge... (think I am winning)..

What the heck is that on ur oil filter cap?? I see u took Shanes spot for most guages!! Lol

I only have 6... somebody has to be able to beat that :D

That is the oil return from my Amsoil Bypass.