Jezzhuntin

Tire chain ?s

Morning- I am need of chains. my current set-up is MKW 17 x 8.5 with Toyo MTs 295 75 17. I found some on a website for $100 (pair) for 295 75 17s, but with my rim being wider than stock will they still fit? Also, any advice on places to buy/quality/etc is appreciated.

17 years of driving and never needed them until last weekend. After my truck was nearly undriveable due to someone hitting me in Cascade, Sunday rolled around and had to head home from the cabin (snow/rain/then 0 degree temps not a good combo :ow: ) took me 45 minutes of shoveling snow on the road, sand, ice melt to get up the first hill out of the cabin. uncontrollable backwards slide is not a good feeling, especially after you already have a jacked up front end and smashed in DS from 2 days ago.

By the way this site is really growing on me, was a DTR fan, but not my cup of tea anymore. I like the comraderie that this site breaths. thanks guys and gals:rockin:

I got mine at swabs, i got the v bar chains and they work really good. Where in cascade is your cabin? West mountain? We have a cabin up there and I was glad i had chains going into ours...

They will fit it is the tire size you have to worry about. Just a little tip try backing up the hill next time. That is what i had to do when I was in Canada a few years back.

I got mine at swabs, i got the v bar chains and they work really good. Where in cascade is your cabin? West mountain? We have a cabin up there and I was glad i had chains going into ours...

10-4. no it is on the east side, near Vista Point. Yep the conditions on Saturday and Sunday were unbelieveable. Friday when the guy hit me, it wasn't very bad, slick but i had no problems driving the mtn roads.

Neighbor on Saturday had studded tires on his 2nd Gen pulling his sled trailer and slid backwards down the hill, jack knifed it, not a ton of damage but enough. He barely made it up the hill with chains.

Ok I know where you are. Ya had my dad did two 360's sliding backwards down the hill in his power stroke last year needless to say he chained up..

I carry 2 different type.. both from schwabbies...

The first one is one pair of their "bag" chains, they are my street/hwy use chains

The other is 2 pairs of HD "truck" chains, with added V-Bar lugs.. I won't use them on a paved surface unless there is a TON of ice.. They are for hunting, etc. I carry them for weight around town.

I carry 2 different type.. both from schwabbies...

The first one is one pair of their "bag" chains, they are my street/hwy use chains

The other is 2 pairs of HD "truck" chains, with added V-Bar lugs.. I won't use them on a paved surface unless there is a TON of ice.. They are for hunting, etc. I carry them for weight around town.

"I" personally have never needed chains on the highway. I ordered the HD V-bars from schwab $140. I guess if there is a requirement on the highway someday I will run these and go SLOW. thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated.:coal

"I" personally have never needed chains on the highway. I ordered the HD V-bars from schwab $140. I guess if there is a requirement on the highway someday I will run these and go SLOW. thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated.:coal

I have never needed them either.. "knock on wood".... but still have them so I don't ruin my V Bars.

I have never needed them either.. "knock on wood".... but still have them so I don't ruin my V Bars.

that is a good point! Amazing that after all these years of saying chains? who needs chains? I looked like such a moron that day....:wall: