Jezzhuntin

Deer Stainer (question)

my truck got hit again :wall: i am considering putting a aftermarket bumper on, but need to find one locally ASAP. suggestions on which to buy, road armor, alien patrol? Is Bucks 4x4 a good place to buy it from? other options?

it is going to cost $900+ for the stock bumper, but can use that money towards aftermarket, so would like to stay close to that.

TIA

Guest ShanesLB7

Call Pat at Big Twin Diesel.... He is a sponsor here i believe??? maybe?? can't remmeber.. I pm'd his number to you..:cheer:

Call Pat at Big Twin Diesel.... He is a sponsor here i believe??? maybe?? can't remmeber.. I pm'd his number to you..:cheer:

Not a sponsor yet, he did indicate he would consider it at our last dyno. He said he'd like to get more involved with the local guys. After a very bumpy start between us, he has been VERY gracious. Said he will give members here at ITD great prices.

May not be the prettiest bumpers made but I got my ranchand for 875 + shipping wich ended up being 979 total, from Tx to Ga. Mine has the schedule 40 pipe and full brushgard that also has tabs on the outside corners welded to the bumper so it makes it much harder for the brushgard part to cave in.

I have yet to test it on a dear, but have bumped a few immovable objects and it is very, very solid.

Just another option that isnt quite as spendy as some others.

thanks guys, appreciate the input. I ended up going with a fusion. They are local, reasonably priced and could have it to me quick and seem to be a nice bumper. unfortunately it wasn't my normal purchase, reaearch, research. i had to make a decision within 48 hrs so that it would not hold my truck hostage at the body repair joint. again, thanks for all the input and help. Now i just need someone to rear end me :wave: .........

Make sure you post some pics of the new bumper. I've been wanting to get one for a while. I hit a post a couple years ago and pushed in my front bumper. Insurance gave me $1K. I found a used, like new bumper on Craigslist for $75 and replaced the bumper myself. So, I made money on that deal...

Where is Fusion at? I wanted to check those out and see them in person!

Honestly I am not sure. there is no contact info on their site. somewhere here in the Treasure Valley. One of the techs at Big Twin Diesel has the same bumper that I have on my truck. I need to get some photos and post them up. I am happy with it. Nice fit and finish.