schaef_12

Teardown began

Well today I started the tear down. Pulled in the shop around 9 this morning and got the core support, radiator intercooler and front bumber off. Then I pulled the head and stripped it down, pulled the cam and put the new helix II in and put a new timing cover gasket on by about 5:50 this evening. Not to shabby for a days work. Now I just got to wait until the cylinder head shows up. Cost me another $140 but it's guaranteed to be here by friday.

DUDE.. you walked right into this one...

:nopics

Good days work tho...:rockin:

I know, I know, I forgot the camera and I knew I was going to catch hell for it. Pics tomorrow....I promise!!

Guest ShanesLB7
I know, I know, I forgot the camera and I knew I was going to catch hell for it. Pics tomorrow....I promise!!

LOL i had to... Good to hear that beast is finally getting closer..

Guest 9812VCTD

I bet you will have a Perma smile the day you will be able to drive your truck again.......:yes: Glad to hear your tearing into the beast.

Justin

While you had, or have the front cover off did you make sure that the timing cover was tapered, or did you instal the little retainer for killer dowel pin? That would be bad deal to go through after all the work your doing