Uncle Bubba

Is This Site Open To Non-Tater Heads To

Hope you don't have to live in Idaho to be invited to play in your clubhouse here. I'm movin to Northern California here shortly, so that puts me within driving range of some of your fun. Looks like you all are off to a great start here. Remember to keep it simple for all us boneheads out there. :thumbup:

good to see ya here. all are welcome here.

yep,,ya wont be too far from us. look fwd to meeting ya at an event in the not too far off future 8) :thumbup:

lol about lem.

yep,,,,he had me excitable and even using bad words here the other nite. wait till ya read what he did to us :cry:

hey,,,,,,,,,ya call it as ya see it so wth :thumbup:

Ya, he set me off after reading several of his post and connecting the dots. He said he had never made more than $17,000 in a year in his life. But with that in mind he is drag racing a $30,000 plus truck, bought an already established and growing web site and that couldn't have been cheap, just got done saying he was a heavy equipment operator and they aren't usually known for being underpaid and the final straw was when he said that he owed $3500 in state taxes on the site. I did just a quick figure on that amount and came up with the fact that to owe that amount he had to be showing in excess of $120,000 profit on the site. Don't get me wrong here, I could care less if he is making his living off the site, just pissed me off when I hit the donation button thinking I was helping to pay some small portion of the expenses to help him out and then find out he makes far more than I do. Talk about feeling cheated. But, I'll step off my :rant: now. I don't even want to be the one that is resposible for getting these threads started on a new site. As a matter of fact feel free to edit or delete this if it is going in a direction your not wanting it to go.

yep,,,but truth is truth. and i agree w/ ya. :greed: and i could add some more comments but i wont. [read DM's comments to see what really got me angry] :smart: guess ill get off my :rant: too

I read all that before I signed up. Kind a why I did sign up. DM is the reason I stayed around CF when all this happened. He sent me a PM and calmed me down a little about the whole thing. I just wish you all weren't a regional club. Somebody needs to start another board and recruit the mods from there. The membership, I believe would follow most of the mods and in the right hands a site like that could be a great thing.

So now that I have said that which one of you is going to go this route and make it happen.

hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even though this is the IDAHO bombers all are welcome to come and use the site and bs and talk truck no matter where their home 20's are. :cheer:

us idahoans have a good strong active club and very much enjoy our getogethers. however we all enjoy the site very much and really love visiting with ALL of our bomber friends,,,,,,,no matter where they are at, from west coast to east. hell,,, we'd even let canadians join in.

Guest Mopar1973Man
hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even though this is the IDAHO bombers all are welcome to come and use the site and bs and talk truck no matter where their home 20's are. :cheer:

us idahoans have a good strong active club and very much enjoy our getogethers. however we all enjoy the site very much and really love visiting with ALL of our bomber friends,,,,,,,no matter where they are at, from west coast to east. hell,,, we'd even let canadians join in.

Uh OH! :o

That means that Dr. Evil and gang will be coming soon... :lol:

It all good... Yes.. Everyone is welcome to the site no matter where home is... :thumbup:

Ya, he set me off after reading several of his post and connecting the dots. He said he had never made more than $17,000 in a year in his life. But with that in mind he is drag racing a $30,000 plus truck, bought an already established and growing web site and that couldn't have been cheap, just got done saying he was a heavy equipment operator and they aren't usually known for being underpaid and the final straw was when he said that he owed $3500 in state taxes on the site. I did just a quick figure on that amount and came up with the fact that to owe that amount he had to be showing in excess of $120,000 profit on the site. Don't get me wrong here, I could care less if he is making his living off the site, just pissed me off when I hit the donation button thinking I was helping to pay some small portion of the expenses to help him out and then find out he makes far more than I do. Talk about feeling cheated. But, I'll step off my :rant: now. I don't even want to be the one that is resposible for getting these threads started on a new site. As a matter of fact feel free to edit or delete this if it is going in a direction your not wanting it to go.

Hmmm, guys, I'm really sorry for ticking you all off. Was not my intentions. Seems like everyone is pretty determined to hate me and I cant change that. As far as taking the domain name, I'm sorry, I already told SeaCummer and Mopar that I would point it to here. Of course it would be nice to see a link to Cummins Forum like you have for TDR... ;)

As far as the super cool truck that I drive, I'm making payments every month just like the rest of you. Many of the parts on the truck were graciously sponsored in exchange for the exposure.

As far as the taxes that I owe(IRS, not state, I dont owe the state that much), they are from a previous company that owned half of. Most of the profits of that biz went to making the biz better, and the business also had a lot of overhead so I didnt make much. When we split the company, I got left with the tax bill.

It was wrong of me to even post all that information in the first place because there will always be someone looking at it and not knowing the whole picture. I never made no $120,000 on Cummins Forum...Hahaha, that would be great though!

As far as everything else goes, I was not trying to be greedy. I honestly thought for a second that the whole thing was a good idea and didnt think I would get attacked like I did. But I cannot change your minds about that.

Anyways guys, this is a good site and I hope it all goes well for you! And please, if you want to ask me questions, go right ahead. I would prefer people ask me things and get the facts then to get all excited over nothing.

Lem

I read all that before I signed up. Kind a why I did sign up. DM is the reason I stayed around CF when all this happened. He sent me a PM and calmed me down a little about the whole thing. I just wish you all weren't a regional club. Somebody needs to start another board and recruit the mods from there. The membership, I believe would follow most of the mods and in the right hands a site like that could be a great thing.

So now that I have said that which one of you is going to go this route and make it happen.

I'm sure letshatelem.com is available? I promise I wont take it. ;)

Lem, the issues that I pointed out there were all posted as honest questions in threads and never answered or addresed as are many others. As far as hating anybody, not me. My personal belief of you is that like we all were at some time in our business life, you are young. With youth comes the confidence that we have it all figured out and the eagerness to want it all right now. At some point you will come to the conclusion that you are tired of fighting it all and you will sit back, relax, realize you have some good people watching your back. Then you will learn to become a part of what you own instead of trying to make what you own become a part of you. If you are not having fun at what you do, you will not do it very well, and right now I don't believe your having fun. I think your fighting it to much, wanting to much from it to fast and not allowing things to follow the natural progression of life. It's a good site that will give you what you want out of it but it takes time and patience.

Personally, I have plenty of time in my life right now, because I make time for what I want to do. But even I don't have enough time in my life to hate anybody. I can't think of one person in this world that I actually hate. So don't think you have an enemy in me. My only interest in this whole thing was to have a fun site to spend my free time in, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks 99,

I appreciate that. You are right, a month ago I was not having fun. I was stressed and the thing that was once fun was costing me money. I made some stupid mistakes, but I also learned a lot and also learned that there are people on that site that care about me, realize that I'm young and have helped me tremendously in the past few weeks. I appreciate that wisdom 99. Honestly, I'm back to having fun again.

I'm just glad to know you dont hate me and I want you to know that you are always welcome at Cummins Forum and I think you will like what the future holds for that site.

Lem

Maybe now that we have come to some kind of understanding we can see the two sites help support each other here. Since one is focused on the national scene and one on the local, there is no real competition from one another here.

Hmmm, guys, I'm really sorry for ticking you all off. Was not my intentions. Seems like everyone is pretty determined to hate me and I cant change that. As far as taking the domain name, I'm sorry, I already told SeaCummer and Mopar that I would point it to here. Of course it would be nice to see a link to Cummins Forum like you have for TDR... ;)

As far as the super cool truck that I drive, I'm making payments every month just like the rest of you. Many of the parts on the truck were graciously sponsored in exchange for the exposure.

As far as the taxes that I owe(IRS, not state, I dont owe the state that much), they are from a previous company that owned half of. Most of the profits of that biz went to making the biz better, and the business also had a lot of overhead so I didnt make much. When we split the company, I got left with the tax bill.

It was wrong of me to even post all that information in the first place because there will always be someone looking at it and not knowing the whole picture. I never made no $120,000 on Cummins Forum...Hahaha, that would be great though!

As far as everything else goes, I was not trying to be greedy. I honestly thought for a second that the whole thing was a good idea and didnt think I would get attacked like I did. But I cannot change your minds about that.

Anyways guys, this is a good site and I hope it all goes well for you! And please, if you want to ask me questions, go right ahead. I would prefer people ask me things and get the facts then to get all excited over nothing.

Lem

Lem,

I don't know you from Adam. I'm a Powerstroke guy so I don't have any background with you. Here is what I do know:

IdahoBombers went live on Dec 3.

Dec 6 you went out and bought up Idahobombers.com, .net and .org.

Before you deny it, here are the WHOIS lookups

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: IDAHOBOMBERS.COM

Created on: 06-Dec-06

Expires on: 06-Dec-08

Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:

Isaacson, Andrew andy@cougargulch.com

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: IDAHOBOMBERS.NET

Created on: 06-Dec-06

Expires on: 06-Dec-08

Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:

Isaacson, Andrew andy@cougargulch.com

Domain ID:D134464787-LROR

Domain Name:IDAHOBOMBERS.ORG

Created On:06-Dec-2006 18:09:01 UTC

Last Updated On:06-Dec-2006 18:13:36 UTC

Expiration Date:06-Dec-2008 18:09:01 UTC

Registrant Name:Andrew Isaacson

To me that just stinks of bad business ethics.

Hey there, I already admitted to that. There is no reason to deny it. When I registered it, I did not realize that it was Mopar's site. I thought it was someone else that was trying to cause trouble.

Maybe now that we have come to some kind of understanding we can see the two sites help support each other here. Since one is focused on the national scene and one on the local, there is no real competition from one another here.

I agree. I know we were thinking about starting chapters soon, maybe Idaho Bombers would like to be the first? Still trying to figure out how chapters work though... :)

howdy andy,

i tell ya,,i was shocked when i saw what ya did with the domain names. i couldnt believe that you would do that to our idaho club who is no threat to you. when i was mod at cf we always got along well and i thought highly of you. i believed you were friends with steve and mike also. it felt like a kick in the face to have the name that you knew we were gonna use taken right out from under us and used by you to divert users to your site. done on dec 6,,,,,the very same day steve emailed your site admin [kev] to make sure you guys knew the scoop and to see if you still wanted him to remain cf mod even though he was an admin here. yes,,a kick in the face for sure.

i am very dissapointed in you for doing that for sure.

as to an idaho chapter of cf. well i started the idaho bombers over 5 years ago and we started right from the start being the idaho chapter of TDR. robin patton from TDR supports our club by placing our events info on the front homepage of the TDR website and she even mails out postcards with event info from central oregon, to utah, and from n. id down to reno nevada to several hundred tdr members who may be interested in an idaho event. TDR goes out of the way to support us and will also place our info in the magazine.

yes,,,,i am very disapointed by your actions andy. dont know why ya did the domain name thing and ya said you were gonna give em back but so far taint happened. tell us why ya thought one of us was gonna give ya trouble andy?????????????????????? who was it that ya are trying to hurt and why?????????????

as far as CF goes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its a fine site, and yes i still recomend it along with TDR. i even left the cf stickers on my rig. just wonderin what the heck is up with some of your actions lately

Guest Mopar1973Man

As far as the domain goes Muddy... Andy informed me that the move might take 24-48 hours for the process to complete on server...

So.. Hang in there...

Muddy, please read my posts, I was not trying to hurt any of you. As for what I thought was going on, thats my biz. I did not know ahead of time that it was just you guys, If you told Kevin, he did not tell me. I have pointed IdahoBombers.com to IdahoBombersForum.com but it may take 24-48 hours to propogate.

It was a mistake to register those names, although honestly I thought about registering those names a long time ago because I live in idaho. I told SeaCummer that I would forward idahobombers.com here, he said he would get me the info and never did. I finally figured out how to do it today without the info.

Its like nobody is even listening to what I'm saying. Nobody reads my posts and they just keep hammering me about the stupid domains. Better that I grabbed them(stupid as I may have been) and forward them to you than for someone else grab them and use them against you. When you build a site you ALWAYS grab the domain first.

But no, everyone will always remember what a bad guy lem was for doing that. If anyone else would like to take a shot at me, take a number ;)

Are we done yet. this like a soap opera, let it go and move on. if lem says it was a mistake/misunderstanding, you either take his word for it or think he is lying thru his teeth. whatever you believe is your business. i personally dont care. being offended is a sign of immaturity. not trying to cause any waves just my thoughts.. as for whoever has a problem with my comment,,,,, be a man and build a bridge and get over it. lets move on to what this site is all about friends and trucks!

Yeah guys... Don't make me have to open the moderator can on this thread :lol:

Lem, ultimately your actions dictate the view people will have of you. Thanks for setting up the redirect. I don't think anyone wants to turn away members so stick around and enjoy. Feel free to be a part of this community and contributions of knowledge is always welcome.

Muddy, give him a chance, it truly could have been an honest situation that looked bad. I don't know everyone involved in this whole deal, but I'm sure a Keg or two could fix the whole dang thing for everyone. :thumbup:

a keg or 2,,,,,,,,,that ought to do it. heck,im workin on my 12 pack for the nite. half mellow now.

yep,,,,spose i cld give the kid a chance. he is young and still learnin :P

hang around andy and join in on the fun. hope to see ya at an idaho event in the future :cheer: