millco

Early 2009 East Meets West Dinner Get Together!

Let's get an E / W meet and greet planned and executed!

It can be in Mt. Home or Twin or Burley. What ever would be best for everyone!

I can put it all together, just put your ideas (or demands!) here and we will add them all up. I will be a little more pushy with the local establishment of choice so we won't be stuck with only a couple of choices for what to eat (They can pretend an unplanned charter bus just dropped in for all I care!).

I vote we do it around the week of the 12th of Jan. and I don't care where (I do vote for Montana Steak House here in Twin.......).

What say you all?

Guest 9812VCTD

I think it this is going to work we will have to take a vote on what date will work the best for everyone. Plus this time of the year the roads and people recovering from X-Mas might make it tough to get together.......??

Justin

All good points! I was just 'informed' by my 'secretary' that a lot of resturants make you choose ahead of time so they can have it ready about the same time for everyone. Makes sense and maybe that shouldn't be a big deal with me. I do think we shouldn't have to jump through too many hoops to be able to have out party though!

So we should wait until after the 19th! When will you be able to be here and make it out to a dinner meet?

Tommy, I hope you were talking about the 11th and not the 19th!

Everyone keep posting up what will work best and we will get it together! It's 41F here this morning so it would be nice if the roads are clear when we have it!

Guest ShanesLB7
well it be preferable to have in mid to late february cause of the roads

I agree i think it should be Mid to late Feburary due to road conditions..

Agreed. Mid feb would be awesome. We are doing the Bomb party the first weekend in March here in MH as well, so keep that in mind. Those coming from this Treasure Valley area could carpool as well. I could meet anyone at the Pilot at exit 95 with my Suburban and load anyone up. Course, it isn't a diesel, but does seat 8.

x2!!!!!!!!!

When are you guys leaving? Should we make it a welcome back (For Shawn) / good bye party (For you guys) if timing all works out?

Let's see: so far it will be in Twin! (and at least after the 16th of Jan.....)

Keep the votes coming and let's hear where everyone wants..... (I think I vote for Montana Steak House in Twin.....)

Scheduled for surgery near the end of January. My vacation balance is so low, I'll be in a leave-without-pay situation, so the pocketbook won't allow me to attend this time.

I would like to do this...this sounds like a great idea and should happen once or twice a year as a regular event.

Never been to a Montana Steak House, but I've never had a bad meal at a Golden Corral, either.

You guys are coming up with good ideas!

I've never been to Montana (Steak House, that is.....) but I agree: we don't need to spend a lot on dinner. Everything else has added up and all my money is gone already!

Both the Mandrin House and Golden Corral are excellent choices. There is also Eduardo's Mexican Restaurant if we want. Both it and Mandrin House have areas where we could be to our selves. Golden Corral does also, I will just have to find out if they would keep one of those areas for us. 'Course, I could always threaten to let Randy clear it out for us if they won't hold it for us......

I can say that each of these resturants would be great choices. Each one has really good food and service. So we will just have to decide what's on the menu.

The only other choice we have is when..... Keep the ideas coming and we will get this together!