armstrongdj55

No boost

Well I went to help a guy get unstuck I was going through about 3 foot of snow when I noticed my pyro was pegged so I let off and cooled down. I went to get going again and I had no boost and my turbo was squeeling. I got the truck home and Justin (9812vctd) let me borrow his spare turbo to get me on the road. As of now I still cant build boost and it starts to pop at about 1500 rpm, I have checked all hoses push tubes and valve springs. everything looks good. Is there something I missed? I hope I didnt burn any valves and the timing just slipped. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Guest ShanesLB7

well if you swapped turbo's and it still does it that eliminated the turbo..:wall: Have you checked the rocker arms?

Guest 9812VCTD

His temps got hot enough he Nuked his turbo so I'm hoping nothing happened to a piston.:td: It's wierd though he said it idles fine but when he accelerates it starts the popping and smoking which makes me wonder if it isn't something internal? I hope we can figure this out and it's an easy fix. The popping and cutting out is a common when your timing slips not sure if the high temps could of made it slip? Still thinking on this one......

Justin

strange to have timing slip that far all at once, but that's sure what it sounds like to me, did you start it while the valve covers were off? I know it can make a mess but watching them while it's running can reveal something funky going on that you will miss when it's not running.

strange to have timing slip that far all at once, but that's sure what it sounds like to me, did you start it while the valve covers were off? I know it can make a mess but watching them while it's running can reveal something funky going on that you will miss when it's not running.

x2 start it with vale covers off to look for any noticable problems as long as you dont rev up it doesnt make to bad of a mess