broncman

torqshift 5r110 in a 7.3??

Does anyone know if this has been done or will mate up to a 7.3. Im looking at purchasing a 96 PSD & I also found a torqshift tranny for $500. I tried searching on the net if this has been done, but no luck so far. If its possible I think this would be an awesome combo. Thanks guys in advance.

Actually, you could use a PCS controller I believe. I'm just not sure if anyone maks an adapter plate to mate the motor to that trans? Not sure what the advantage of the 5r is though, you can build that E4OD to be damn near bullet proof.

With the right tuner, sure.

I can come off the freeway down the off-ramp with a loaded trailer and slow down to 25mph and never touch the brakes. And if the truck is equipped with a factory ebpv valve it would work even better.

Guest POWERTRIP

I agree with Jacob. The money spent to get that 5r in there, you could build you that e4od to handle anything you threw at it. The adapter plate and controller would not be cheap. Plus tuning is the key to them tqshifts.

Thanks a lot guys! Sounds like I might get a beefed up E4OD that a friend of the guy Im getting this truck from has. Its sad to say goodbye to the dodge, but I sure as hell wont miss the payment! At least i'll actually be able to afford to build this up this one.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found