silverbullet

New boost controller

qiut messin with the smallm stuff, Get your ass over to Nathans and get it done,,,,, that thing it begging for a grand $$$:cheer:

Problem is, the stock turbo has a speed sensor that you have to fool or the motor can derate your fueling. Believe me, soon as this is resolved, the truck will be making a trip to boise.

Guest ShanesLB7
Problem is, the stock turbo has a speed sensor that you have to fool or the motor can derate your fueling. Believe me, soon as this is resolved, the truck will be making a trip to boise.

dump that mess and just put a stock turbo off an 06? Is that possible?

Guest ShanesLB7
if your going to go that far you can put any aftermarket 5.9 turbo on it with a 5.9 manifold the heads are the same just different manifolds

yeah i figured so but if he is wanting the stocker over s400 set up u can usually pick up a stock turbo for pretty cheap compared to a new aftermarket one...

I guess there are a few guys out there modifying the 5.9 quadzilla boost fooler & its working out, but you dont have the ability to control the vgt like you can with the fleece. Chris, the guy over in kenewick running twins should have one of these on soon. You D-max guys might have some competition here pretty soon! :poke::lol:

So that limits the peak boost? Or does it make the VGT fully manual?

I think you can make it fully manual. When the knob is in the center position it runs like stock, except has no boost limit. Crank it to the left & the nozzle is open all the time creating lower boost & better hwy mileage. Crank it to the right to close the nozzle for quicker spool up time & higher boost.

I think you can make it fully manual. When the knob is in the center position it runs like stock, except has no boost limit. Crank it to the left & the nozzle is open all the time creating lower boost & better hwy mileage. Crank it to the right to close the nozzle for quicker spool up time & higher boost.

Thanks... That's kinda cool...