Fishin2Deep4U

Beta Testers Needed- Draw Straw 5

I am looking for a few beta testers for the new Draw Straw 5.

This model is for trucks that have an in tank lift pump only. Either dealer retrofit or factory installed.

We should have some done within the week and are looking for a few guys to give us some honest feedback of what you do/ don't like as well as recommendations of the production unit. Also, this will be a 3/8" draw tube at this time. So the sub 600HP guys will have no issues here.

We have done limited testing in tank. But we need that real world experience.

Drop me a line via PM or call me at 503-970-6712

Thanks!!

Dave

The original Draw Straw was developed for use in the 2nd gen trucks to bypass the very restrictive modules. In fact, I have the first one built still in my truck.

From that point it has become a product to aid in getting higher volumes of fuel through the high flowing aftermarket bypass style fuel lift pumps. The stock module just has a hard time keeping up with those high demands.

There are several revisions and even different types out there. In fact, the Draw Straw IV (4) will be released any day and incorporates a fuel return into it's design.

Dave

Dave,

Why did you guys not make these in 1/2"

Most kits, like the AD 150 need 1/2" lines

All the other DS kits that you sell are available in the 1/2 size.......

Dave,

Why did you guys not make these in 1/2"

Most kits, like the AD 150 need 1/2" lines

All the other DS kits that you sell are available in the 1/2 size.......

The original design was to honestly to work within the stock modules parameters and make the install stupid simple. However, we always knew we would need a 1/2" option. The trick is the top of the in tank modules does not have a flat area to make a good connection. Also, the module fitting had to be different as well as more expensive line must be used.

So, we have a hybrid of sorts. We have a bio fuel compatible flexible draw tube that has a heavy enough wall to not collapse. The bio fuel compatible portion makes for a more expensive piece of tubing, but it will hold up long term. We use a DrawStraw II fitting with this setup and we also have a 1/2" module fitting to go along with it. We also have adapters that can couple your return to the factory fuel fitting in the top of the module, dumping returned fuel into the bucket.

We are working on pricing and pictures right now and I expect them to be on the site in the next few days. The parts are done and on hand.

Also, we will have a provision for those that have bought or used a DrawStrawII in their previous install. Simply put, it allows a DSII user that had the intank pump to use this new unit at a slightly lower price.

We knew from the beginning the 1/2" draw tube was going to be demanded by the market. We had to start somewhere with development and the most logical thing was the basic install for those not running a bypass pump. The trick was developing a kit that was well thought out, easy to install and offered the same great value as the other DrawStraw products.

We have lots more in the works, just not enough time in the day!

Dave