Dangle

I gambled and lost......

Today i noticed a shudder in the truck while cruising down the road. I thought it was just a fluke but tonight i took it for a drive and same deal. I spoke with IdahoRob and the signs point at the converter. Let me make one thing clear, the converter was gave to me a year ago (not by Rob), it was supposed to be a low mile unit but they were unsure aswell. I gambled that it was good and put it in anyhow....i guess not. I will do some more checking to make sure it is not something else but it don't look good at this point. With X-Mas coming it will have to wait a bit. Rob said when i get it pulled he will send it to his converter maker and get it rebiult. Damn IT!!!!!! we tossed around the idea of getting it rebiult before we installed it..oh well , that is what happens when you gamble and you have my luck. The only bummer is it will take like 2 weeks by the time it gets shipped back east , repaired and shipped back.

Guest 9812VCTD

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that kind of luck. That does suck though like you said having to pull the tranny again then wait for the converter repairs. If your truck wasn't putting down so much Powa this wouldn't happen...lol. Hope it doesn't cost you too much to get it fixed up.

Justin

Guest ShanesLB7
Damn man. It never ends does it? At least we're all in the same boat :cheer:

:wall:

and sinking fast...:wall: :wall: :wall:

Lank who has a converter shop in Nampa is going to rebiuld it for me. I had forgotten about his biz, he has a full service shop with balancing etc.. the whole meal deal. I spoke with Lank today he said if i dropped it off on a monday there was a good chance i could pick it up on friday.

Today i noticed a shudder in the truck while cruising down the road. I thought it was just a fluke but tonight i took it for a drive and same deal. I spoke with IdahoRob and the signs point at the converter. Let me make one thing clear, the converter was gave to me a year ago (not by Rob), it was supposed to be a low mile unit but they were unsure aswell. I gambled that it was good and put it in anyhow....i guess not. I will do some more checking to make sure it is not something else but it don't look good at this point. With X-Mas coming it will have to wait a bit. Rob said when i get it pulled he will send it to his converter maker and get it rebiult. Damn IT!!!!!! we tossed around the idea of getting it rebiult before we installed it..oh well , that is what happens when you gamble and you have my luck. The only bummer is it will take like 2 weeks by the time it gets shipped back east , repaired and shipped back.

Man that sucks. I can remember when I got a converter from percision and Rob got me taken care of super fast when it wasn't right. Him and George aka BIGDIPPER spent time with me on the phone over the weekend making sure what was wrong when I was in a time of need. Hell Robs know how and customer service combined with Georges knowledge you can't go wrong. If thats who's out east doing the rebuild. Either way your in good hands.

Rob always does a fantastic job on customer service and we had planned to send it to precision but i wanna keep it close to home and get it done...hell the way my luck has been UPS would lose it anyway.

Guest ShanesLB7
Lank who has a converter shop in Nampa is going to rebiuld it for me. I had forgotten about his biz, he has a full service shop with balancing etc.. the whole meal deal. I spoke with Lank today he said if i dropped it off on a monday there was a good chance i could pick it up on friday.

saweeeeet!!!! a man can't be without his truck for too long!!:cheer:

nov28034.jpg

nov28033.jpg

Could this cause a bad converter...my sister says this spans the full length of their property..which is 600ft. The first photo is about half way down the burn out...

Not one of my finer moments..

Guest ShanesLB7
lol that is a nice and long burnout though

That's not a burnout... its a tranny chitting itself!!!!:wall: :wall: