Dangle

Tranny Temps???

Mine runs 140-150 if I'm cruising on the highway. Stop and go it'll get up to 220-240 (this is out of the hot line too so it's higher than pan temps

Guest ShanesLB7
It runs 150 deg when it's 100 degrees outside...

FWIW, on my recent trip to San Diego, it never got above 120...

I was just reading about those...:cheer:

Mine runs warmer than most but mines got higher line pressure. Mines been as hot as 225 pulling my job trailer in the heat with the stock cooler. I have an aftermarket cooler that keeps the temps in check now. About where it was when the tranny was stock. Highest I've seen now was 210 in 90+ heat pulling my job trailer. I'm now since I'm bored going to add a stock cooler after the aftermarket one to keep the flow down so the fluid has time to transfer heat as I thinks it moves to fast through it. My tranny shifts the same if it's at 150 or 210.

How much trans oil is in there,when I had mine right at the full line mine ran hot so I took some out (like bosierob said to do haha)an it ran alot cooler

Guest ShanesLB7

How accurate is the stock tranny guage?? I am debating on getting an aftermarket on is it worth it or not?

Guest ShanesLB7
I agree with Rob, but I'd still like to mount an aftermarket just to see what the diff. is too.

HEllz yeah... I'll let ya know when i get mine...:train:

Not to throw a stick in the spokes here, but I am seeing anywhere from about 114-125 driving around town, and only got to 111 on the interstate to WA a few weeks ago. Towed my 2 place up a 'gradual' grade the last couple weekends and it never topped 125. Last year was the hottest I've seen it at between 150-175 pulling my gooseneck. Stock trans and cooler. Am I just getting lucky or do I not rod around enough (granted it is winter when I do most my pulling)?? Actual numbers are coming from the CTS, but I always keep an eye on the real gauge especially when towing.

racer