Guest ShanesLB7

For The Record....

Guest ShanesLB7

Ok fellas here it is..

I am not giving up on my Dodge or switching brands because I am mad...

Here is the situation..

I am self employeed and work in the Construction Industry.. As we all know the housing marked is in a Dismal downward slide.. As of lately I have felt the crunch all of my major customers have all but Stopped! Investors are not spending money and with the economic downfall times are getting tough... I still have some up and coming work but at the moment it is very Dismal..

So instead of letting the times get me down and take me with them I chose another option... Get rid of my truck.. As it stands I have sold almost every part off of my truck and made some very good money which will allow me to purchase an older model Diesel, which i have chosen a duramax. I will be able to purchase this truck outright with cash and have no payment.. It will drop my insurance considerably and I will not have a truck payment.. It will also let me pay a few other bills of and eleviate about 1800 dollars a month in bills...

My lovely wife and I are also expecting our Wonderful Son in about 5 weeks so have no truck payment and putting some cash away for tuff times seems to be the smart thing to do..

I have no beefs with Dodge. I loved my truck even the few times it was broke down.. They all BREAK.. Ask Josh, myself or Jer...

I am also not too Brand Loyal.. Although the Mighty cummins has been prooven, the dmax and ford's are not far behind...

As it stands I am DOING what is best for me and my family.. NOT SWITCHING BRANDS for some stupid reason...:wall:

I would also like to thank all of the members out there I have spoken to over the phone or online, via bomber chat and pm's

AL(summit)

Stevo(sea04dmax)

Randy(randy07dmax)

Chris (bluechrome)

Will(Wap)

Nathan

Justin

Willja

Crashcade

Towrig

John (A64aid or somechit) LMAO...

I know I am probably forgetting some of you and I am Sorry it's been a pretty tough week.. BUT THANK YOU!!!:rockin:

You are a businessman and that is good business! Get rid of payments, still end up with a great truck, payoff debts. That puts more cash in your pocket, which means when the time is right, you will have a bank roll to pickup a cheap P Pump Cummins for a go fast truck!

Man, I don't have the nicest truck by far, but having no payments is awesome. I can't bring myself to finance a truck. Much easier to make payments for parts and upgrades when I want to, plus insurance is cheaper as well.

Guest ShanesLB7
hey FAMILY first I would drive a import if Ihad too

Me too but it's be tuff to pull a 33 foot trailer...:wall: :wall:

Guest ShanesLB7
You are a businessman and that is good business! Get rid of payments, still end up with a great truck, payoff debts. That puts more cash in your pocket, which means when the time is right, you will have a bank roll to pickup a cheap P Pump Cummins for a go fast truck!

Man, I don't have the nicest truck by far, but having no payments is awesome. I can't bring myself to finance a truck. Much easier to make payments for parts and upgrades when I want to, plus insurance is cheaper as well.

I agree 100% I hate not having the Dodge and the mega cab to boot but you know what we can make do with a four door.. Besides this way the only payment I have is the wife's car and I am not goona get rid of that She needs that for her, my daughter and our Un born Son...:cheer:

we all have to do what it takes to get by in tough times, even if it means driving something with a beer-can engine....

at least it's a good looking rig and gets good mileage I'll bet.

Guest POWERTRIP

At least your goin about it the smart way Shane, and preparing yourself for any hard times that lies ahead. But any oilburner is cool in my book...unless its a 6.2. Smart business owners like yourself will do just fine in these hard times.:cheer:

Dang! Where's the love?

Maybe I should put a sticker on the back of the Blazer that says... "Well at least my other rig has a Cummins" :train:

Guest 9812VCTD

It was good to chat with you last night Shane, you are definitely doing the right thing. I would do the exact same thing in a second if it meant being able to help my family out. As said above the D-Max will be a good truck and I'm sure you'll have fun building it up when the extra money comes around.:cool:

Justin

Dang! Where's the love?

Maybe I should put a sticker on the back of the Blazer that says... "Well at least my other rig has a Cummins" :train:

X2

itdmyotherrighasacumminssubrsrearwi.jpg

I couldn't say it better than has already been said... Your making the correct decision.. .its a shame others couldn't be as smart.. .(I have seen some people loose their houses lately because of STUPID actions)...

And its not like your going anywhere...

Have a fun trip to pick up the dmax this weekend...

I couldn't say it better than has already been said... Your making the correct decision.. .its a shame others couldn't be as smart.. .(I have seen some people loose their houses lately because of STUPID actions)...

And its not like your going anywhere...

Have a fun trip to pick up the dmax this weekend...

fun trip? :wall: ..... lol the drive down was fun :coal:dodge

Guest ShanesLB7
fun trip? :wall: ..... lol the drive down was fun :coal:dodge

yeah it was not fuN!!!:wall: :wall: :wall:

Long story I will tell all when I get the truck and post up pics!!!

Guest ShanesLB7
The dodge was sick but I don't blame you. Gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure your Dmax will be a sick truck too.

Hellz yeah brotha!!!:cheer::gmc

Guest ShanesLB7
i bet the dude you sold your mega cab to is freakin happy with it uh?

I guess.. It's all stock now...

Guest ShanesLB7
oh i thought you left all your mods on it.... my bad lol

Yep stripped it down to the bare bones...