Dangle

New Diesel in my family....

The motor is a Import i guess...1981 Chevy Chevette with a 1.8L Isuzu Diesel, the car is a one owner basically, a guy i work with mom bought it new and drove it till she got too old then she gave it to her grand daughter for a few years. The car has been setting for a few years and has 128k on it. I went over there to trailer it home and I cycled the glow plugs and she fired right up...it has been started here and there but has been setting for a couple years. I could not wait when i got home i put a headlight in it that was burnt out and went for a cruise....she is no speed demon but they get hellacious milage...50mpg . I will post some pictures soon..

I almost bought a 91 Rabbit with a 1.6 diesel. Some guy bought it the day before i was. I wish I would have bought it earlier.. sure would be nice getting 50mpg.

you luck mo-fo :thumbup:

an in-line diesel :cheer: you will have to drain diesel out of the tank as it will make it's own :)

we need a happy isuzu :smiley: :D

a diesel 'VETTE'. who wouldnt want a vette and a diesel is a plus :thumbup:

Guest 9812VCTD

You went and got the beast huh.......will be a nice commuter hardly cost anything to fill up and go for a long time on a tank.

Justin

I got the rig all serviced out, i bumped the idle up a little for winter. I will try to get some pictures up after a steam cleaning. I had the car up on a lift and everything looks really good except the rack in pinion is leaking powersteering fluid, 165.00 at napa for a replacement.

I plan to swap the motor and tranny into a early 80's toyota 2wd pickup at some point. So keep your eyes peeled for one with a blown engine that someone doesn't wanna fix.

That sounds awesome Steve!

We'll all have to find you that pickup. In fact, I would really like help finding a little car similar to the one you found (of course, then the 'planets have to align' correctly so I can have the money at the same time too......)

Yes they are!

I can't tell you how many different vehicles I have look at and was told 'it AIN'T for sale'..... Typically I see them setting for a very long time before I finally ask. Then they are disposed of soon after I ask. And it seems like most of them go to the scrap yard when they go! I don't know why it works that way....

I got the rig all serviced out, i bumped the idle up a little for winter. I will try to get some pictures up after a steam cleaning. I had the car up on a lift and everything looks really good except the rack in pinion is leaking powersteering fluid, 165.00 at napa for a replacement.

I plan to swap the motor and tranny into a early 80's toyota 2wd pickup at some point. So keep your eyes peeled for one with a blown engine that someone doesn't wanna fix.

How set are you on a Yota? I always come across deals, just ask anyone that knows me.

How set are you on a Yota? I always come across deals, just ask anyone that knows me.

I'm not set on it at all...keep your eyes peeled for a small pickup. I need something that is as light as possible, has a half asses low gear rear end.

Could be the slowest 1/4 mile on record.

Now that is funny!! (And cool because there is a chance that my truck could actually beat something!... LOL)

What is even funnier is that my wife just walked by and suggested 'that thing is not as fast as even a Pinto!' ..... LOL x2!!