• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
6LCummins

Dyno run

So i finally was able to get my dyno run from back in august on the net. Not the best ive ever done but it was a different experience. Especially with a trans that was on its way out.

th_Untitled_0002.jpg

Dyno was off so it varied between 31HP and 349HP and 67FT LBS to 538FT LBS. Only one i believe is the 538FT LBS because i had it turned up far enough for it to try to run away mid shift.

the injectors you have. the ones i got from you are sittin in the holes waitin for the mootor to be pulled and my truck to be scrapped...

But the truck was way over fueled and i actually lost torque. The HP reading was off on almost everytruck that hit the rollers that afternoon. I went about 2/4 a turn past where i had it when i did the 240.550 with those injectors.

Guest 9812VCTD

What's up with this talk of scrapping Frankentruck?? Sucks the dyno wasn't reading accurate, but good numbers for the VE.

Justin

The ORIGINAL Frankentruk is doomed for the inevitable. Too much cancer and the frame being bent make it almost not worth while restoring. But if i can land the 1990 C30 Crew Cab dualy i found im gonna be making an updated FRANKENTRUCK. It'll end up with about 6-8 inches of the current FRANKENTRUCK and put it in the rear doors and see if i have to shorten the bed. Then im hopin to go through the motor this winter and do a lil tweakin to it as well. Then comes the new trans nd clutch and safety equipment and traction aids. then paint and hopin to have her on the road for TS 09. Maybe.

Guest 9812VCTD

Sounds like the new and impoved Frankentruck will be.......:coal Hope you get it all done in time for the TS event!

Justin

Actually if all goes well there wont be any smoke when she comes to life. The turbo i have sittin on the shelf will be hard for the VE pump to supply too much fuel for. Even with what i wanna do to the injectors i traded muddy for, im pretty sure the smoke will be low. But we will seein time cuz im waitin on a phone call back from the person with the other chevy.

I did a check of my oid dyno runs and found the following. At 538 Tq. you can expect to see about 250 RWHP. Conversly at 349 RWHP you can expect to see about 825 to 850 TQ.

Bob

I figured as much but there is a difference between your motor and mine. I have an agriculture motor where you have the pickup version. Yes the differences are small but they do exist. Im pretty much :wall: right now because i have been offered a hell of a deal and im pretty sure im jumping in with both feet and hitting the ground running. Only thing alot will recognize about the truck will be the name hopefully in 5 months or less.