• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

97OBSSTROKER

E4OD Questions

so i have a 97 7.3 and a E4OD and have had the tranny redone at 167 know im at 176 and they put in a valvebody kit. so what would be the difference if any if i got an aftermarket electronic tranny cont module like the banks trans command or something else like that. would putting that module add performance on the tranny or degrade it.

Guest POWERTRIP

I wouldnt mess with anything banks sells. A good chip tuner can control the way your tranny works through the chip alot better. Shift points, when your converter locks up, line pressure, plus you get the power of the chip on top of that.

Instead of putting your money in tranny aftermarket items I would put the money towards a good tuner like Jer said. Have the valve body kit info with you when you talk to them and they will be able to set you up. The key here is to talk to them. The two top tuners for our 7.3's are linked below, you can't go wrong with either.

http://www.dp-tuner.com/

http://www.totaldieselperformance.com/

bobbys transmission in meridian did it and the build sheet said they placed a valve body shift kit in it and the bill was around 2k that included a new stock converter. it shifts nice i would like to make sure that it would like with some mild mods like exhaust an intake and a chip just wandering what that would give me. my friend has a dodge 24 valve with a stage 1 box of some sort and his boost gage hits like 30psi. ive heard my truck stock hits 18 max but thats just what i have read.