• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Akchevyman

Need advice on used trailer

Well I found a used trailer down here in Texas it is a 98 US cargo 24' I haven't pick it up yet but I was able talk the guy down to $3900. It has a few small minor defects but overall I am impressed with the Trailer here is the link to it tell me what you think and what things I need to look for once I pick it up thanks and have a great day.

Sorry here is the link.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/907996077.html

US cargo trailers are great trailers. I had a 20 footer that I sold when I got my H&H 24 footer. I paid 4800 for my 24 so I would say that 39 is a great price. I would pull the tires and check the brakes and the bearings before buying though. Also crawl under and take a look at the beams make sure they are not all rusted out and check all the wires for brakes and lighting.

Tire, bearings, brakes. Make sure it tows straight, those bull nosed trailers push alot of air. Also make sure your car fits between the wheel wells. Mine is so tight I have to get a skinny kid to steer the car in.

Ken

Is it a 10k rated trailer? 7k would be ok for a racecar probably, but not much more. Better to go heavier duty and not have to worry about it.

I agree, 10k+ is worth it. I had a 20' 12k car hauler and that thing was great. I knew I could even put a heavy ass Cummins Ram on it and be ok. Fortunately, a Cummins never requires towing...

Well I went and pulled the trailer on Saturday the brakes seem to work good and it pulls nicely the Data plate says the GVW is 10500. It really needs a bath and a few of the marker lights need to be fixed. I soon as I pick it up I am going to take it to the Auto hobby and repack the wheel bearings since who knows when that was done last.