• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Desperado

Fass DDRP

Guest ShanesLB7
Has anyone tried the Fass DDRP lift pump? Would also like to know the GPH it flows and at what PSI. Thanks

never heard of it??? got a link to it???

I don't think its a good idea at all...

1. It still mounted to far from the fuel tank.

2. It still using the same old small choked plumbing and banjo bolts.

3. It still only good for stock powered trucks.

Don't waste your time go upwards and get a AirDog 150 and be done with it...

The tiny 6mm ID stock fuel lines compared to AirDog's 1/2" ID lines...

DSCF0644.JPG

Then looking at AirDog's 150 setup... It replaces everything...

normal_DSCF2620~0.JPG

It got better filters (2 micron compared to 10 micron stock filter)

Many of the stock HP level guys only need a stock replacement pump. Not everyone needs a bypass style pump either. The FASS DDRP has a 4 year warranty and works for those direct replacement guys.

And we have addressed relocation, line size issues.

Many of the 3rd gen guys are finding out that some of these filters are not as good as the stockers for removing water. It's not different for the second gen guys either. It's just does not have the same effects as it does for them (pressure related).

Dave

Many of the stock HP level guys only need a stock replacement pump. Not everyone needs a bypass style pump either. The FASS DDRP has a 4 year warranty and works for those direct replacement guys.

And we have addressed relocation, line size issues.

Many of the 3rd gen guys are finding out that some of these filters are not as good as the stockers for removing water. It's not different for the second gen guys either. It's just does not have the same effects as it does for them (pressure related).

Dave

Don't get me wrong either... But larger line and relocation does help a bunch.

normal_DSCF2616.JPG

A came from there at one point too...

You right it works for stock powered truck. But be aware that small percentage at times... They other common thing is people grabing a FASS DDRP with a enhancement box and not making the grade... (Once again designed for stock power).

Funny part I kept my stock filter and water separator...

So back to the OP post...

There is several manufactures of pump out... Raptor, AirDog, FASS, FASS DDRP, AirTex, Holley etc... Now start looknig forward into the future on what you plan on doing before you buy a pump. If you plan on adding any kind of power (enhancement box or programmer go up a step in pump at least to 100 GPH).

If it meets the flow needs for your truck then I think its a good solution. The OE filter is rated to remove much more water than the AD150 is. If you want the best filtration and close to stock fuel flow than you could add the DDRP and an extra filter or two, and remove some of the restrictions in the OE system.

If you need more fuel than a stock sized system I reccommend a Baldwin BF1212, LP of your choice (Raptor, HPFP), OE filter, and then a Cat 1R-0750.

From what I gather, please correct me if I am wrong, 3rd gen filters will fit in the 2nd gen filter housing. Which means a PF7977 filter will fit which is 5um and 95% free/water removal.. compare that to a AD150, 5um and 50%free water removal.

From what I gather, please correct me if I am wrong, 3rd gen filters will fit in the 2nd gen filter housing. Which means a PF7977 filter will fit which is 5um and 95% free/water removal.. compare that to a AD150, 5um and 50%free water removal.

Lately Cummins/ Fleetgaurd has been sending me the third gen filters in place of the second gens.

Dave