• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
nate

Good muffler to run

Don't get me wrong, straight piped is cool and all, but it's getting to the point where it's just too loud.

Fire it up in the AM to warm up and I know it wakes up 1/2 the neighbors.

What's a good muffler that will flow the same as straight piped but quiet it down... and where to get around here? 4" pipe

On Comp D they are saying a "hushpower" is a good one... I looked it up and it's over $200! Holy crap!

Like we were talking about at dyno day- Donaldson 40". It's still loud enough to sound good, but a bit tamer than straight-pipe. I think the part number was MO85171?

For the love of God and those of us that were outside when you dyno'd, ANY muffler would be GREATLY appreciated... :poke: LOL

Yeah, you ain't kidding! I have a hearing test today, too!!!:wall:

Thought about it, but really don't have a reason to. I've read posts from some guys that went back to a single turbo even after hating twins.

wow... only thing I don't like about them is there's no pulling class for street twins out here, and it can be a pain to change the oil filter, other than that I love em!

Hushpower is a great, quit high flowing muffler. I've got one to put on my crew cab. I bet if you made some posts on the big forums, someone would have a muffler they took off to replace with a straight pipe.

In fact, I believe I have an mbrp muffler sitting at my dads shop

The muffler's that come with the Diamond eye exhausts look like they would work well. Straight through with perforated holes so it should still have a nice tone and not be so loud. Plus i'm sure there are quite a few floating around that people opted to not put on for the straight

Like we were talking about at dyno day- Donaldson 40". It's still loud enough to sound good, but a bit tamer than straight-pipe. I think the part number was MO85171?
Donaldson mufflers are the chit.. cheap and work very well...:rockin:

Thats my vote as well. I like my Donaldson 40"... Sounds better than it did with cat only, and quieter (cat fell off)... The only time I don't like it is when I am outside with the EB on for warm up... or driving FS roads with the EB on and the windows down... A super small resonator will fix that... Its the high freq's the muffler doesn't catch, but otherwise great and CHEAP!!

Oh, and it flows over 3K CFM...

Shot a message to Rip and he can get me a Diamond Eye for $75.. don't sound too bad.

Where around here would I look for the Donaldson??? Would like to shop around a bit and all.

Nate- I got my Donaldson at a Freightliner dealer, but I can almost guarantee that Diamond Eye is going to be the best deal. If I remember right, I paid $70 for my muffler and that was 5 years ago...

Guest ShanesLB7
Nate- I got my Donaldson at a Freightliner dealer, but I can almost guarantee that Diamond Eye is going to be the best deal. If I remember right, I paid $70 for my muffler and that was 5 years ago...

i paid 80 bucks for my donaldson shipped...

Nate do you have a 5" exhaust? I have my donaldson just sitting here make ya a hell of a deal...:cheer: