• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Well I'm thinkin of buying an 08 cummins this thing is nice!! it has the big horn package and is red wheels and tires and a little lift. should i trade off my 96 or should i sell it first? I love my truck and would hate to see it go but dam. I was gonna look at the 08 but i hate dealing with salesmen. What do you guys think should i do it?

Guest ShanesLB7
Well I'm thinkin of buying an 08 cummins this thing is nice!! it has the big horn package and is red wheels and tires and a little lift. should i trade off my 96 or should i sell it first? I love my truck and would hate to see it go but dam. I was gonna look at the 08 but i hate dealing with salesmen. What do you guys think should i do it?

If you plan on modding it I would look for a slightly used 5.9.. Although your goona probably get some hella good deals right now on brand new cause they aint selling chit... That's a tough call.. I wouldn't give up my 5.9 unless I had to... But new trucks are nice... :cheer:

are ya smokin crack??????????????? :lol:

if ya really want an 08 there are quite a few guys tired of the emmissions dpf crap wanting to trade em off and go back to 12 valves.

i'd bet if ya swap for a new one ya wld regret it after a while and wish ya had the 12v back. less worries w/ the old stuff.

Guest 9812VCTD

You need to give me a call.........and I'll talk some sense into ya.......LoL:buds:

Justin

I'm not really sold on it yet, it sure was perty! like you guys said i know for a fact i would miss my 12 valve, and that dpf crap sounds like more of a hassle than anything, i forgot about that. thanks for the input guys:dodge

You can remove the DPF and EGR stuff , the payment will suck for sure. I know i enjoy the common rail over the 24v i used to have..the older i get the more quieter i like it.

warrranty often aint worth the paper its written on.

with a newer, more complicated truck ya will need to use that wrrnty more often. when the wrrnty is up, it will cost big time as there is stuff a shade tre mech cant fix. and unless the damn govt gives chrysler and gm, hard working americans tax dollars it is a good chance they may go bankrupt and ya can kiss the wrrnty good bye as they wont stand behind it. also ya gotta worry about getting wrrnty voided from non stock seat covers, itd stickers, or any other non stock item let alone power bombs or exhaust mods.

[as to dpf removal] also, be aware roadside checks may happen. betcha obama will give the epa more power and the gestapo will be on every hiway with mirrors to look under your truck. bad enuff now but will get worse w/ time. with commercial plate now they can pull ya over for checks.

i will admit 4 doors is nice.

quiet, yes. but for the cool factor its gotta sound like a big truck or a tractor :D

I have a 6.7. I like the truck, but if you want a newer dodge get a 06 or 07 5.9. The 6.7 does have a good tranny, but the aftermarket still needs to come a long ways on tuning abilities. If you want to leave it stock then chrysler needs to come a long ways on there emissions bs. Basically, if you are against doing a dpf delete & you keep that truck until it has no warranty left & the dpf needs to be replaced be prepared to fork over a minimum of $3200. Plus, if they do start cracking down on emissions checks, we will be stuck running a dpf= head aches & money pit!