• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

AH64ID

Wild Game Processing

I am in need of some processing of my elk. I have it all butchered up and just need sausage/salami/etc made...

I am looking for a good local shop that will give me my own meat back.

I know Custom Meats in Garden City will give me my meat with 40lb per item... I need to weigh my meat and see how much I have. But I am guessing 60-80 lbs.

Thanks for any recommendations.

John

Dont bet your money on getting your meat back from them. I have heard that Wild Game Specialties does good work. I used to use a guy in Melba but he lost his lease and doesnt process any more. He had the best flavor so far that I have found. I am trying to get one of his employees to make pepperoni and salami for me with the same recipes. There is also a newer place in Nampa, East side of Happy Valley around the end of the airport, cant remember the name though. If you find something you like let us all know, I have a bunch of trim I would like smoked

The one in Nampa must be Tacketts? I called them yesterday, 10lb min for my own meat :D.. I just have to wait until December for them to start smaller processing.

Sounds right, I have been saving trim until I find something I like. Elk starts Mon for us so maybe by Dec I will have enough to get processed.