• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

SteveFord

Tech Question about line pressure

Thought I'd ask this question. What percentage does the clutch pack see of your line pressure. Lets say your pressure is 300 psi. Does the clutch pack see 300 psi when it's there? The reason I am asking is I might check and see what my line pressure is just for the hell of it sometime to see what it is. I have another question after this one gets answered depending on the answer. Thanks!

I would say yes it would see 300psi, i do powershift trannys on tractors and that is the way it works on those. The older Deere tractors use 180psi and the newer ones use high 200's.

I would say yes it would see 300psi, i do powershift trannys on tractors and that is the way it works on those. The older Deere tractors use 180psi and the newer ones use high 200's.

Ok if this is true then my next question is since I run the ATS line valve along with the spring which the valve makes it so there is no cut back in pressure during anytime and also have the transgo converter flow valve in also (which is basically doing nothing since the ats line valve is inside) would a co-pilot do anything for me? I read where on Kat's truck she went faster without it and I know MikeL says he runs the ats valve in his tranny so I asume he installed it in Kats truck. Didn't see why they took out the co-pilot but have read where some have issues when used with the transgo kit.

Steve it is my understanding that the co pilot controls converter lock up and not line pressure??? Is this true.. Rob suggested i go with the Suncoast stage IV since i don't have a co pilot..i never asked him why.

I thought it controlled both?? I've read from ats that the co-pilot boosts line pressure to the clutch packs. My tranny is the ginue pig as I run both the ats line valve and spring along with the tts 6-speed upgrade kit internals except the shim for pressure. Everyone just runs the ats spring for more pressure with the stock line pressure valve and the converter flow valve. I run both valves. I'd go with whatever Rob suggests also as he knows more about this stuff than me. I didn't tell him about running the ats line valve until I put some miles on it pulling trailers and equipment for work and some passes just incase some problem came about:) . 8000 miles and no issues. I'm sure he will chime in along with others.

Co-Pilot does the same thing as a Transgo as far as pressures go. The thing that a Co-Pilot does that nothing else can do is quicken the shifts and lock the controller early.

From the post info on the dp about the co-pilot it stated that the increased line pressure makes the pulsing on and off for the clutches happen faster in turn quicker shifts. Just wondering if mine would shift any quicker with one since my line pressure I'm guessing is around 300 psi(MikeL tested the pump kit at 325 psi with no back down) but not for sure. Mine shifts to me very quick but I have no one around here to drive it but this is comparing on how it use to be stock with the same tuning. Just trying to get as much info on this for knowledge on these things as I can.