• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

94cummins12v

truck is down

ok guys heres the big one got home from the college today and let my truck sit for 5 minutes at home, came back out and sludge dripping from truck. looked inside radiator is full of sludge, my guess is blown head gasket, hope not though. oil level is still good. i pulled #1,2,3 valve cover and oil looks fine. cant figure this one out, sluge is gray in color and texture of oil. i always let my truck finish cycling befor moved and let thermostat pop befor i go over 10psi of boost

yup, sounds like a headgasket to me. You can pull the oil cooler and pressure test it but i'm almost positive it wont be bad. been there done that. If it does turn out to be the oil cooler i've got a good used one i'll make you a deal on. I spent 300 on a new oil cooler and it turned out to be the hg anyhow.

Guest ShanesLB7
damn why does the truth have to sound so sh!tty

Unfortunately it happen it's all part of the you play you pay... :wall:

def. check the oil cooler, but it isn't likely. Like I said if it is I have a good used one for a good price. Headgasket swaps are not as bad as they sound......I may have done a few in my day:whistle:

no coolant in oil at all, just got done running her, let the thremostat pop and removed the cap, hit the throttle full bord a few times and there is no pressure what so ever just alot of volume, this must mean its the oil cooler right, wouldnt there bee a ton of pressur in there if it was a head gasket

only way to really check it it to pressure test it, might try hooking it up to an air hose and putting some pressure to it while holding it underwater to look for leaks.

in reality I don't know if I've ever actually seen one of these oil coolers fail, and a head-gasket only takes a couple hours to change.

ok guys i got the new oil cooler put in tonight. i got the truck running and let idle for a few minuts, noticed a puddle of just engine oil, it was pissing out the bottom of the oil cooler, what the hell is going on

well i got the head gasket replaced and the same oil cooler put back in with new gaskets and the damn thing is still pulling this crap. tomarrow im goin to flush the system and see if it still does it. if it does im goin to put the new/used oil cooler in and see it it clears up if not my thery is a cracked head