• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Dave

exhaustbreak

I called the guy that had the exhaust-break that Lumpdog posted on craigslist Its a jacobs ram break, and with no compressor, vacuum operated I guess. is this design a good one? I would like to put it on my 01 work truck how well do the vacuum operated ones work? He is coming past my house tomorrow and I am going to take look at it. so any information would be helpful.

had several vac operated. work perfect :thumbup:

i never had jacobs. mostly pac and i have a bd on my 97 drw. jacobs is also great but more $

thats for a 97. differnt elbow on 99 up.

i put my 98.5 pac onto my 02 but swapped elbows. i cant remembwer the difference. adapters are avail or there are elbows laying around places.

thanks muddy thats what I was wondering it seems like a reasonable price I will take a look at it and see what i have to modify to make it work.

well I bought it now I need to figure out how to install it. it was supposedly off of a truck with an auto trans in it I didnt know you could run an exhaust break with and older auto tranny?

You will need the plate off the back of an older turbo (94-98) 12V, then you take the plate and elbow off of your turbo, put the plate on that you got from the 12V turbo and clamp the exhaust brake on that, hook up the down pipe and that part is done.