• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

IDPisan

Pressure testing my 6.0 intercooler

I got my 6.0 intercooler from Chris, aka lumpdog, at the club meeting last Wed. Steve was kind enough to play mailman and brought it in from Mountain Home.

I have my new boots coming from Pure Diesel Power and had hoped they would be here before the weekend, hopefully this week. Even though the intercooler looked brand new I thought I would do a pressure test. It passed with flying colors!

I was able to use my boost tester with a couple of minor modifications.

Bombpartypics003.jpg

I used a 3" plumbers plug on the other side, first time it blew and bounced around the garage like a super ball. I put on a nut that I was able to use a socket on and re-tightened.

Bombpartypics004.jpg

I left the pressure on 15lbs. for an hour. Can't wait to put her in!:ford

Bombpartypics005.jpg

That intercooler was in great shape when I got it over a year ago. Supposedly it came off a 1500 mile or less truck.

Glad to see it is going to good use! Can't wait to see the results of the change. EGT's? HP?

That intercooler swap is a cake walk, shouldn't take much time at all. Be interesting to see what kind of temp drops you see. Some said they only got 50-75 degrees, but others have said upwards of 150 degrees.

50 to 75 degree drop is still good in my book. That means you are getting more good, dense air on your intake which then equals better combustion. Final outcome, better power. Too bad Jeff didn't dyno at the last event.....:wall: