• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

pilotmdurst

engine at stop lights

When I slow down and stop at intersections I can feel what seems to be a miss in the idle speed.

No lack of power and all readinds and preasures look good.

Any ideas?

I already tried: New fuel filter, additive,new tank of diesel.

THANKS

MIKE

has it died on you yet while idling ? when my vp was going out it would miss real bad at idle sometimes dying and full excelaration. mine went out at 103,000 miles. but somebody on here will give you better information on how to check it.

Easiest possibility would be a clogged up air filter if your lucky. After that cleaning the sensors. I'll have to do a search here but I know someplace on the site there is a writeup on how to clean and test all the sensors. Even if they aren't the problem it's a simple and free thing to do and at this age and mileage they need to be done anyway so no loss even it it isn't the problem.

If this doesn't help then we'll have to move on the more nitty gritty things.

I no longer have that lift pump. I replaced it with one that is in the tank and is a constant 10 psi.(I do need to get another guage that goes to 30 psi rather then 100 so I can get a more accurate reading)

Going out to clean the K&N now and thanks in advance for the research on how to clean the sensors, I am sure it needs it.

How about the injectors? cleanable?(other then dumping crap in the tank)

Thanks

Mike

If you want to clean the injectors with the dump in stuff, Sea Foam works great but don't pour it in the fuel tank. Drain the fuel filter canister of fuel and fill it up with Sea Foam, start the truck and let the smoke roll for the few seconds it takes to burn it.

what is the price of avgas these days? I need to get some to mix in the dirtbike gas, all the lead keeps the titanium valves from wearing so fast.

are you still running the stock injector pump and injectors? I do know that edge injectors can cause a rumpy idle, so can an HRVP or oversize lines, just a thought here. I think I'd dump in some seafoam or other good cleaner, if the injectors are not all giving the same amount of fuel it will cause a funny idle.