YMMOT

Saw a Diesel K5 Blazer for sale in Boise

It was at the Idaho Youth ranch. I know they are gutless, but they do get decent mileage. Maybe a good WVO project vehicle. Price was listed at $2,000. I might go look at it and see what kind of shape it was in. In a drive by the body looked reasonably straight.

you must be bored :lol::lol:

Hey those guys are getting 25MPG out of those 6.2's. Besides, it's another non-Cummins engine that is in a V shape that I can use to annoy you guys with. ( | )

Tommy are you into owning TURDS??? I have rebiult numerous 6.2-6.5's, they actually do run forever but are definately not known for power.

Steve

Let's see... $2,000 for the K5... about $1,000 to have a dual tank setup for 100% WVO.

I'm not looking for power here. I'm looking for about 1,000 miles between fill ups at the station. Money in my pocket.

I mean if a diesel Suburban is getting 18 around town it might be worth the investment.

And yes it is a red one.

Well it runs good. Seems to not have much blow by. No bubbles in the coolant tank once I got it warmed up. Tracks true and straight. Has new front brakes, batteries, Radiator and heater hoses, new glow plugs.

Not sure if the trans is a TH350 or a 700R4, but it shifts nice and solid. Has Warn hubs, 4x4 engages good. (figured out it is a 700R4 as it is a 4 speed auto). Slight body rust on the tailgate. Tailgate lock seems to not work. No radio, no A/C, and heater blows hot. Needs a new windshield as the one it has is cracked all the way across. I could find no signs that it had been in an accident.

Now, I drove it and I have to say it is no rocket ship, but it seemed to perform better than the old 6.5 Dually I drove at times in the Marines.

The wife and I talked, and as much as I would LOVE to buy this Blazer, I think we decided the money will be better spent on finishing our basement.

So someday, maybe.

IF anyone is interested it is still over there. The wife still says no. Considering the Cheapest K5 diesel I can find ANYWHERE is almost $4,000 it makes no sense that she is so opposed to it. It also gets better mileage than ANYTHING we currently own.

Oh well. :roll:

YMMOT, I'm getting 18 mpg out of my avatar with a 1 to 1 final 4spd trans and 3.73 gears. I believe most of those K5 diesels had 3.40 to 3.55 gears and a .7 to 1 final with the 700 tranny, so I'd bet you are really close on the mileage. I have WAY too many vehicles as it is or I'd give it a home then tease you about the mileage I'd be getting with it:nutkick

hey,,,,,,,,,,, im tickled w/ both my 6.2 powerd gm's.

honest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,honest 24 w. the 4wd 4wd k10 3.73 sm465. good day of crse.

the c15 3.45 a-833 - 0d 29 mpg. i'd say 31 mpg which my ci-pherin telded me but y'alls think i's bullshitten ya.

29 consistant on the 2wd and 20 to 24 on the 4wd. crse im an old dude and drive like one :cheer:

hey,,,,,,,,,,, im tickled w/ both my 6.2 powerd gm's.

honest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,honest 24 w. the 4wd 4wd k10 3.73 sm465. good day of crse.

the c15 3.45 a-833 - 0d 29 mpg. i'd say 31 mpg which my ci-pherin telded me but y'alls think i's bullshitten ya.

29 consistant on the 2wd and 20 to 24 on the 4wd. crse im an old dude and drive like one :cheer:

Sounds real to me, if I drive...shall we say...conservatively, I get 22-23. I'm think'n I'll double it with my version of an HHO generator.