• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

PALADIN

SBC 3250 DD-NV4500 question

Anybody ever put a South Bend dual disc (3250 to be specific) in an NV4500? On their site it says I have to replace the input shaft to put the DD in a NV4500. Any idea how tough a job that is? I've done clutches in the past, but never an input shaft.

Mods- Sorry I posted here, but this one applies to both 2nd and early 3rd gen's...

Anybody ever put a South Bend dual disc (3250 to be specific) in an NV4500? On their site it says I have to replace the input shaft to put the DD in a NV4500. Any idea how tough a job that is? I've done clutches in the past, but never an input shaft.

Mods- Sorry I posted here, but this one applies to both 2nd and early 3rd gen's...

I would also like to know. :popcorn:

It has been quite a while since I have done a 4500, but IIRC, you can remove the input bearing retainer and remove the input shaft once it is indexed correctly. I believe the engagement teeth are notched to clear the counter shaft.

Yeah, it's extra. I don't know how much more, but I'm sure it's not cheap. Valair has several clutches for the NV4500 that don't require a shaft swap, so I may go that route. Plus, for the price of a SB clutch I could almost buy 2 Valairs...

Yeah, it's extra. I don't know how much more, but I'm sure it's not cheap. Valair has several clutches for the NV4500 that don't require a shaft swap, so I may go that route. Plus, for the price of a SB clutch I could almost buy 2 Valairs...

How much power will the stock shaft hold?But while I am in there maybe I should just do it.