• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

I take it the #1 & 2 blend is in the pumps now, because I am down 1.5mpg WITH a new FF and clean AF. Can anyone confirm this? I know back in Alaska the diesel is blended by 1 Oct, but I don't know when the switch is made here in S. Idaho.:wall:

i dont think there is a set dat around here, just when they are forcasting cold weather for a long time. i would say around thanksgiving around east idaho. not sure over the west side, do you guys need it over there? :poke:

Honestly, no. I haven't seen temps here that any anti-gel couldn't handle. I would MUCH prefer to see #2 stay in the pumps. But, the sudden drop in mileage has me thinking there's #1 in the pumps now...

Well DAMN! Maybe I'll swap out the FF again. Heck, it's only got a couple thousand on it. I haven't filled up anywhere other than the Pilot truck stop and Flying "J" in Boise, so I'm fairly sure I haven't gotten any bad fuel...

Flying J sells Conoco diesel and they don't mix #1 & #2. They add Power Service Arctic Express to the tankers when they fill for delivery. #1 ULSD is too expensive to waste as a "blend" fuel. I got this info straight from a fuel tanker driver while he was dumping his fuel load at my local Phillips 66 last winter.

FWIW, my mileage never dropped last year when running Conoco/Phillips 66 winter diesel.

Rob

I got this info straight from a fuel tanker driver while he was dumping his load at my local Phillips 66 last winter.

Damn Rob you would talk to people anywhere. Can't you leave him in peace to do his business.:poke::lol: :lol: