• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Well my project is a 84 k5 with a 92 ctd, 97 nv4500, 90 np205 w/gm rear output for the speedo and the front gm output for the 1310, 82 chev d60, 75 14bff both w/4.10, 03 exhaust mainfold for ac clearance, 97 hx35/16 non wg, 35" bfg on black steel wheels, and a fully boxed frame!

HPIM1762.jpg

HPIM1758.jpg

HPIM1890.jpg

HPIM1892.jpg

HPIM2088.jpg

HPIM2142.jpg

HPIM2090.jpg

I'm shootin for about 250-300 hp. The orignal drivetrain was a 6.2 Detroit, 700r4, and a np208.

I still have to take it all apart to finish welding everything up and then put the drivetrain in there before I put the body back on.

There is a long way to go but it's been fun, also been getting lots of help, via instructions and great ideas from JJ (NYCEGUY01).

Oh and I'm on my third donor.

Here's what it looked like before I tore it apart.

HPIM1485.jpg

HPIM1505.jpg

And here are a couple pics of my Dodge donor.

HPIM1502.jpg

HPIM1500.jpg

It is a close fit but I can put my hand back there.

HPIM1831.jpg

This is why I went with the 03 manifold, lots of clearance.

HPIM1826.jpg

I also think I'll have plenty of room for my tranny, thanks to a built by me 1" body lift.

HPIM1830.jpg

I also won't be putting the top back on, I plan on building a roll cage that sits on the bed rails kinda like a headache rack and then have a custom soft top made for it and the roll bar will support the top. Found a regular tailgate for it also.

HPIM1828.jpg

The roll bar will kind be like this but with more curves to follow the body lines.

HPIM1289.jpg

I like the Manifold swap. That is kick ass, I think I am starting my conversion tomorrow finally!

Does anyone know if that manifold and turbo setup would clear the heat exchanger for the trans that sits right there?

Not necessarily. I would like to keep it, it is additional cooling when pulling. Plus the big gain is that the engine and trans stay warm in the cooler months.

I like the Manifold swap. That is kick ass, I think I am starting my conversion tomorrow finally!

Does anyone know if that manifold and turbo setup would clear the heat exchanger for the trans that sits right there?

That is ALOT more room than I have in mine. 4" downpipe is like 3/4" from the ac doghouse AFTER I cut it down and sectioned in a piece in the side of the box for clearance.

I hope to spend a good amount of time on it this winter to have it running by spring. Probably do the paint and body the following winter.

Guest ShanesLB7
So is your aviatar!

Yeah took me a while to convince my wife and her sister to do that!!!:cheer::rockin:

Can you relocate it? Here are a couple pics, hope they help.

HPIM2208.jpg

HPIM2209.jpg

Yeah, I decided to relocate the heat exchanger to the front crossmember under the radiator for now. I picked up a 3rd gen manifold yesterday to see how well it will work. My turbo clears the A/C box nicely right now with the stock manifold, so I am interested to see how the third gen looks.

Any more updates?

No I havent worked on it lately, been to busy with huntin and work. Unfortunitely it looks like i will be working on it alot in Nov. Not much work on the books for next month. That is good and bad, I could use a little time off but I will stress the whole time until work picks back up.

A small 6 month update! A few changes, first I scoured a set of cucv axles out of a m1028 so hopefully the front has some sort of no spin and the rear has a detroit both in 4.56 gears. Second I have decided to go with the freightliner high mount ac setup. I bought some new rear spring perches from diy 4x4 and noticed that they have 3 sets of holes for changing the axle location, to bad I can't do that with the front for more tire clearance without lifting it up even higher. Also started cleaning the frame a little and getting ready to set the axles and drive train in there for another test fit. Also started cleaning and putting new gaskets in my engine. Built 2 new intake manifolds minus some of the sensor holes, the extra one is for JJ (NYCEGUY01) There pretty easy to build let me know what you think of it. Here are a few pics.

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Also looking for a good set of 56" chevy springs for the rear to install and I will either build or buy a bracket to reverse my rear shackle. I reall like the one diy has but haven't decided yet. The 01 fuel filter housing I got from loggerlee is going to work good I think, just need to build a bracket for the dip stick. I am going with an electric lift pump and will set it up to operate like my 02 Dodge did. All the aluminum is just sand blasted and then I went over it with a wire wheel on my pedestal grinder.

I'm stoked about having a rolling chassis soon!