• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Snowman

Allison Behind a Cummins

Guest ShanesLB7
honestly jake the dodge tranny with alittle work is better than the allison

Yep what the man said... It's been done Just like Nathan said but a Dodge tranny built right is alot stronger... In my readings on compd most big duramax guys blow through the allisons and end up putting a 47re behind em... I could be wrong but I think the Truck Nathan was working on for Pat is a dmax with a dodge tranny...:cheer:

Does anyone know where I could find the info on putting an allison Trans in my dodge. TIA

you wouldent want an allison that tranny is the biggest downfall for the fast duramaxes, if I were I would put a BTS in it is hands down the best auto out there and it isnt a very hard conversion Wide Open has done it. You will also need a stand alone trans controller, I have watched a BTS make around 150 passes in 1000hp Ford along with a alot of daily driving, it did break one input shaft with around 100 passes but the rear end of the truck bounced really bad off the line. The biggest problem is they take awhile to get but they are fairly cheap.

Agreed Jake, I would stick with what you have. Way cheaper to build your trans tough than for the coin for swapping in an Allison. Have you priced out cores to build? They are not cheap...

If you really wanted to do it, you would probably need to swap your engine adapter for a SAE one, then get the appropriate flex plate, then you still have to adapt your tcase or get a GM one, drivelines, Trans controller, possible body lift to clear the big alli....etc.

Ya it was just an idea that I had and it sounds like it was not a very good one. It was just an idea that I was tossing around and I thank all of you for your input.