• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

powerhouse

whats a good clutch

My dad has a 98 12v basically stock with plate slid foward and straight piped and he ruined the clutch the other day, he would like to get one that will hold around 550 hp and is still good for towing and is smooth. he is thinking about lukgold, southbend, or valair. are there any others? what clutch would be a good one for not too much $$$ ? thanks guys

What is he realistically going to run for mods? If he isn't going to do more fueling mods than i would personally go with the luk pro gold. Its more than enough clutch for current mods. It will also retain stock like engagement.

The luk is alot of clutch for the money!

corey its hard tellin but i think dad is startin to catch the bug cause he said he was going for something that will hold around 550hp and he is going to pull the engine why hes at it and put all new bearings in the bottom end and stuff. he thinks that may be the cause of the lower oil pressure...

i ended up putting a valair 13" 6 speed conversion clutch in my nv4500 with ceramic coating , hd hub spring and 3600# preasure plate rated at 600hp 1350tq havent had a problem with it yet and it was reasonably priced as well