• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
PALADIN

Aftermarket exhaust manifolds

I'm trying to convince the wife I need a new exhaust manifold for my anniversary present! I want one before I put on a new turbo. Right now there are a few options on the market: HTT, ATS, BD and PDI has one now too. Any of them better than the rest?

i've had a few ats ex mainifolds. one on one of my 03's and my 97 drw and 93 crewcab.

worth getting for sure.

the stock 3rd gen ex man is a big flow blocker. it made a diff on my egt pulling.

convincing the wife,,,,,,,,,,, it will make your engine last 200,000 miles longer from the reduction in temps and gain 2 mpg from the increase in exhaust flow.

Ive never used one but the PDI one looks nice and last time I checked HTT does not make one for the 3rd gens. ATS may be the most popular though.

I like the HTT manifold due to the smaller flanges where the pieces fit together, makes a big top turbo fit much nicer, I had to take a 10" grinder to the ats manifold to get it to fit.

So, the 3rd gen factory exhaust manifold is like the intake horn? I finally saw a pic of the intake horn and now understand why someone would change it out! (My youngest daughter would know better than what those engineers did right there!)

Anyone got pics of the two exhaust manifolds? That would be worth comparing...

Or things like dyno sheets before and after.....

Guest ShanesLB7

after pulling my stock one off and replacing it with the htt one for the twins it's a no brainer!!:wall:

Daing them! What are they thinking?

(Where does the 'fixing' end.....$$$ $$$ $$$ )

(I should be the engineer on this stuff. At least when I make mistakes it is because I don't know and not because I don't care:poke: )

Pdi makes a real good one and there about the cheapest in price

What kind of a deal can you get me on one, because on the PDI website they're like $510 and I've found ATS manifolds for around $460 shipped. If you can beat that, you got a deal!

Nevermind! I guess PDI doesn't have one for a 3rd Gen, and I don't want to go to a 2nd Gen manifold...

No, still waiting on the guy I bought the turbo from to get it shipped to me. I figure I'll do the turbo and manifold at the same time. Hopefully it will be on it's way tomorrow. I'm getting pretty F'ing impatient...

Man, I got the turbo in last week and wow! Huge improvement! This was the first towing trip for it. Went up Highway 20 to Anderson Ranch area and EGT's are down 200* and it pulls awesome! Serious seat o' the pants improvement!