• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

nate

Amsoil Bypass Install

I ordered an Amsoil bypass filter kit a while back and got it installed today.

It took some head scratching to figure out where to put it. The filter with mount is about 12" long, so it's not like I can tuck it up into a little corner.

I realized that the only place it would really fit was on the frame rail.

BUT where I wanted to put it, it wouldn't fit well because there's a floor support that was in the way. I thought about chopping it, but I wasn't sure how much that was needed.

The problem with moving it back was it could be in the way of my traction bar mounts (future project).

I cut a mount out of cardboard and taped it to the frame. After moving it around about 25 times, I figured a way to make everything fit.

I mounted the filter and threaded in the hydraulic line ends. I used 1/2" clear tubing to mock up where the lines would go. It's about $0.30 a foot vs $4.25 for hydraulic line and it's the same O.D. as 1/4" hydraulic line.

I'm going to work on the skid plate tomorrow. I have a square of 1/8" I'm gonna use.

I'll put some pics up later tonight.

Wow...wish the underside of my truck didnt have any rust.

Nice job - Ive got a dual bypass to install one of these days.

Nate's has surface rust here and there, but he is OCD with the Walmart .99 cent black spray paint, I think he buys it by the pallet load.

Nice job on the filter install, what filter number are you using?

Filter is the EaBP110.

It holds 2 quarts of oil and is about 10.5" long. It's good for up to a 21 quart sump.

The 100 could be used as well. That one is about 7.5" long, holds 1.5 quarts and is good to 15 quarts.

Amsoil says to change it every other full flow change. Their full flow filters are good to 25,000 miles.

Now those #s seem optimistic. I think I'm going to continue with 5k full flow changes and I'll dump the oil when the analysis says too and do the bypass then too.

Well I am OCD, but keeping everything painted is a habit from living in the "rust belt". If you don't paint it, it's gone in a few years! We usually washed the underneath of the trucks real good after winter/spring was over and sprayed it with paint, undercoating or used diesel oil depending on what it was on. Even still if you get 10-15 years on the factory tins without rust your doing good.

Here are some pictures of the skid all mocked up. I used some 1/8" I had left over from my fuel tank.

Should have it ready for paint tonight.

Last pic is my sweatshirt. Was my good teal one too. haha.

post-36-145494293919_thumb.jpg

post-36-145494293925_thumb.jpg

post-36-14549429393_thumb.jpg

I use the Fleetguard Stratopore.

Looks great... about the same spot I put mine... Now its time to put an amsoil full flow on there. -

Nate,

That does look great! Good job.

On a side note, do you use Wally's cheap-O paint to keep that girl looking so good? If not, what is your proceedure? (I noticed the POR-15 ain't cutting it on the Int'l and it needs something!)

Rust Control gloss black. It's around $3 a can.

I just go under there every so often and touch up the spots that are getting rusty from rock chips and what not.

Guest ShanesLB7
Rust Control gloss black. It's around $3 a can.

I just go under there every so often and touch up the spots that are getting rusty from rock chips and what not.

Hell Yeah I do that too!!!:cheer: