• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 9812VCTD

Always remember 9/11/01

Guest 9812VCTD

Just noticed it was 9/11 and every year at this time I still remember the emotions that were felt when the twin towers and pentagon were hit. And just wanted to say thanks again to all of our men and women in the armed forces who help protect our freedom. Saw this video on Comp D and thought I'd put it over here too.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/

Justin

Ill never forget either, I was graduating AIT (Army school) in Aberdeen MD just out of Basic Training. Everything shutdown, phones, the schoolhouse, the chowhall everything. I was very worried about my family both here and in New York. We all got 3 minutes (to keep the phone lines open for emergency services) to call home and tell our families we were ok (dont forget cellphones werent really as common as they are now) and then that was it for 3 days, on the 4th day I began my attempt to fly home.

I remember watching the news and seeing the second plane hit the tower live. On one hand it seems like a lifetime ago, on the other things make you remember it like it was this morning.

The thing I remember the most, besides the pictures of New York, were the Muslims that were celebrating in certain parts of the world. "The religion of peace" my eye. People that are the extremists need to be exterminated like the cockroaches they are.

I remember it well. I was on my way to work that morning, listening to the radio reports of the first plane. Then the reports of the second plane. When I got to work, everyone was standing in the lounge area watching the TV. We sat there for a couple of hours almost silent as the shock of the situation was grasping us all.

It made my birthday that year quite depressing, since it is tomorrow the 12, all anyone could talk and think about was the attacks on our home soil.

With all the politics and criticism about the war in Iraq, I am still in support the decisions that were made, still applaud the military personnel that have served the country, and am still proud to be a member of this great country.

With all the politics and criticism about the war in Iraq, I am still in support the decisions that were made, still applaud the military personnel that have served the country, and am still proud to be a member of this great country.

Well said Chris, I agree. Thanks for serving for the members on here, and everyone else that has spent time overseas!