• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Akchevyman

Not sure if it is performance but

Nate and I just deleted my Muffler It sounds a lot better but it is still very quite. I guess the cat is the culprit. I would like to Thank Nate for his help and the use of his tools.

Maybe I will do that down the road but I haven't even taken it out on the freeway yet to see if it will have a drone. So I will hold off on the cat delete maybe I will take the resonator off next.

Guest ShanesLB7

Ditching the resonator will give it that raspy straight pipe sound.. won't be as bad as a regular straighy pipe but it will be there:nono:

When I first did mine I got rid of the cat after i did the muffler, and it had alot of drone inside the cab at about 65 to 70 on the freeway, so i just got a cheapo small resonator from Summit Racing and it still had great tone but got rid of alot of the drone, So if it were me I would ditch the cat and keep the resonator in the tail pipe section.

No problem. I would have helped you out more if I wasn't working on my truck as well.

Even completely straight piped I think the 3rd gens are quieter than a stock exhaust 2nd gen 24v :lol:

No problem. I would have helped you out more if I wasn't working on my truck as well.

Even completely straight piped I think the 3rd gens are quieter than a stock exhaust 2nd gen 24v :lol:

thats true lol :lol:

Yeah thats how my truck is right now. No muff and a kitty... I think it sounds great 80% of the time, but the other 20% its too loud. When towing above 2K rpms its annoying after a while.. especially for the wife... So on Monday the cat will probably fall off and get replaced by a 40" Donaldson.