Jump to content


  • Upcoming Events

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

Akchevyman

Not sure if it is performance but

Recommended Posts

Nate and I just deleted my Muffler It sounds a lot better but it is still very quite. I guess the cat is the culprit. I would like to Thank Nate for his help and the use of his tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I will do that down the road but I haven't even taken it out on the freeway yet to see if it will have a drone. So I will hold off on the cat delete maybe I will take the resonator off next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ShanesLB7

Ditching the resonator will give it that raspy straight pipe sound.. won't be as bad as a regular straighy pipe but it will be there:nono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first did mine I got rid of the cat after i did the muffler, and it had alot of drone inside the cab at about 65 to 70 on the freeway, so i just got a cheapo small resonator from Summit Racing and it still had great tone but got rid of alot of the drone, So if it were me I would ditch the cat and keep the resonator in the tail pipe section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem. I would have helped you out more if I wasn't working on my truck as well.

Even completely straight piped I think the 3rd gens are quieter than a stock exhaust 2nd gen 24v :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No problem. I would have helped you out more if I wasn't working on my truck as well.

Even completely straight piped I think the 3rd gens are quieter than a stock exhaust 2nd gen 24v :lol:

thats true lol :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah thats how my truck is right now. No muff and a kitty... I think it sounds great 80% of the time, but the other 20% its too loud. When towing above 2K rpms its annoying after a while.. especially for the wife... So on Monday the cat will probably fall off and get replaced by a 40" Donaldson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×