Sign in to follow this  
Dangle

Possible Auto Swap???

Foz, has a new full billet NADP tranny that he paid 6k for and we were talking about the possibility of swaping trannys. Eric wants a 6 speed pretty bad and i almost tradded the truck off last fall for a auto. So we are kicking it around. Boy, what a project that would be.

Steve

PCS makes a stand alone controller for that tranny. :thumbup:

The problem is that you have to go through ATS to get it and the valve body to make it work. $$$$$$$$$

You should be able to swap all the factory wiring, computer, etc. to make it work though I would think.

You've got close to 100HP and 4x4 on Tom, can't you take him anyway? :D

Guest Mopar1973Man

Sure ain't like the good ol' dayz when you just unbolted a trans and bolted on the new one...

You got alot ahead of you Steve. But it would be a lot nicer that rowing the gear on the track. But then you got to deal iwth blowing not only head gasket but Torque Converters... :twisted::lol:

Sure ain't like the good ol' dayz when you just unbolted a trans and bolted on the new one...

You got alot ahead of you Steve. But it would be a lot nicer that rowing the gear on the track. But then you got to deal iwth blowing not only head gasket but Torque Converters... :twisted::lol:

Breaking a full billet NADP tranny would not even cross my mind, they are behind some of the highest hp trucks in the country.

Steve

Guest Mopar1973Man
Yeah, but they haven't been worked on by you. :twisted:

Man, you are making this WAY to easy. :lol:

There you go Tom back at it again arn't you??? :roll: Picking on Steves ability of breaking or blowing up anthing he drives... :o:lol:

Guest Mopar1973Man
I'd take a manual trans vs the auto any day in my truck. That's really the only thing I hate about it... is that it's auto.

You said it brother...! I rather pick my gears than let a computer do it...

The auto is so much quicker though! You can do boosted launches too which is hard with a stick unless you have 3 feet. :lol:

I agree with you though if you are towing alot. An auto is nice for stop and go city driving also.

Yeah I guess if your into drag racing and all. Auto don't work that great for sled pulling though.

I guess all those guys back east that pull with a auto are idiots then. :roll:

Steve

Put words in my mouth huh?

All the full time puller guys I've watched where always manual trans trucks.

I didn't think the Dodge trans can handle 14-1500hp, but I could be wrong.

I just like standard better. Only thing I like an auto in is the Jeep cause I don't have to run 3 pedals while it's about to tip over or something!