• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
JoshH

How's this for an oil cooler?

Josh my opinion is you need to find one that will run the biggest hoses possible..those are kinda small. You don't want the cooler to be a restriction.

Josh my opinion is you need to find one that will run the biggest hoses possible..those are kinda small. You don't want the cooler to be a restriction.

X2!!!!!!!!! The more the cooling the better and i have seen one of those I would go with something bigger.

check out setrab

http://www.bakerprecision.com/setrab.htm

we have a couple ways to hook one up and Im thinking of simply going into the side of the block and return to the pan( not sure ) or useing those adapter flanges that stick on the oil filter housing

not sure if I would go with a fan cooled or mount it beside the trans cooler?

Good thread as I want to do something about this

Interesting FYI Josh. With the control pod on my new Quad box I can monitor my oil temp. The oil temp pulling my 5th wheel up over Hwy 95 on Thursday when it was about 80* outside was 186*. That was turned all the way up too. Sure would like to know what the oil temps the Duramax guys are seeing.

I was looking at the LB7/LLY tunes. There is a high oil temp warning set at 303 degrees. I'm not sure if the duramax even has a oil temp sending unit, but would be easy to test. If there is one, maybe Ross can get the table for us LBZ guys. We could then lower it to whatever temp we deemed dangerous.

Steve, look at G0403 and lower it to 100 degrees and see if a idiot light comes on. This should be a good test.

I was looking at the LB7/LLY tunes. There is a high oil temp warning set at 303 degrees. I'm not sure if the duramax even has a oil temp sending unit, but would be easy to test. If there is one, maybe Ross can get the table for us LBZ guys. We could then lower it to whatever temp we deemed dangerous.

Steve, look at G0403 and lower it to 100 degrees and see if a idiot light comes on. This should be a good test.

Dont think that works Rob,IDR even installing any temp probe