• Upcoming Events

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

well I am pretty sure I blew the motor in my 6.7 wont really start dies when I drive it, white smoke at idle with engine at 190 degrees, crank case pressure codes, pulled off valve cover and couldnt find nothing after I put it back on and reved it up alittle it started knocking again real bad, and white smoke/steam with good amount of pressure coming from where the crank case filter is suppose to be I had it out to check stuff only different thing I did was stage 1 cp3 from II I dont think that would have caused it :-(

I am hoping injector issues right now and that nothing has happened to the motor, it will not start right now and I am going to go work on it right now I know in the 5.9s if the #1 injector goes out then the truck wont start, I am going to trace all lines real good and hope the edge harness just has a loose connection and also my filter for my crank case vent was full of oil and lucky I have it bypassed so its not dumping the oil into intake by the turbo, if I cant figure anything out tonight off to the dealer I will go, and when it happen I was just hammering it thru the gears pulling onto the highway and it has taken a crap from there I think an injector knock but not sure I hope so becasue everything else checked out good

Guest 9812VCTD

Hopefully it's nothing major Nic.....I know when I broke my pushrod that I thought my motor was toast.:D

Justin

Hopefully its not major! Keep us posted! Hopefully it is just an injector problem. I dont want to find out that the 6.7 is a weakling! (well they are in stock form with the emmisions crap on. cel came on again earlier today.)

Ok I just got back from the dealer they let me use the starscan tool all the time and I did an injector kill test and my #1 injector is bad, and thats all I found out today, I am thinking that it washed a cylinder wall and I now have blow by which is causing the codes for the crank case filter, also the wife reminded me that I just fueled up and was pulling out of the gas station when I first started having problems so it looks like the problem was probably bad fuel, I leave for work tommorrow so when I get back in a week I think the truck will be fixed they are going to warrenty to it because its so common for bad fuel to cause this and they have changed alot of injectors in 5.9s, so I will cross my fingers and hope that the motor is good and i will update when I get back from work.

Good luck man! I think you will be lucky as hell to have your truck warrantied, even if it was caused by bad fuel... but good luck anyways, I hope it works out and you get her back on the road soon!