• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
tatkins85

Diesel shop in idaho falls?

tatkins85    0

hey guys i was taking my dog to the falls to day to go on a job and i passed a diesel shop going there anyone know who they are and if there a good bunch of people and if they have a dyno there? and also right next to them there was what looked like a motorcycle shop but it had a dyno jet sign out in front anyone know anything about that also? thanks 4 the info im interested in them because both those shops are about 2 mins from my place.

Guest POWERTRIP   
Guest POWERTRIP

Not sure what diesel shop your talkin about. But the dynoject is a motorcylce dyno. The only two dynos in IF are Custom Auto and Powerlabs. Both are superflows. Custom Autos is bigger and can run diesels better.

CrashCade    0

The Only true Diesel performance shop in Idaho Falls is Power Labs. Custom Auto is more accessories and bolt on type stuff. PowerLabs does have a dyno and run it everyday almost. If you head over there you want to talk with Brent. Good bunch of guys.

Also, in Pocatello is Dominator Performance Diesel. Those guys are primarily Dodge guys.

RockinJW    0
The Only true Diesel performance shop in Idaho Falls is Power Labs. Custom Auto is more accessories and bolt on type stuff.

Actually, I think Custom Auto does quite a bit of performance diesel parts. They're building twins on a Common Rail right now, and have built three or four performance Duramax motors. They're Superflow dyno is pretty accurate for these trucks as well. My truck dynoed within 5hp of what the track calculator says I should be making.

CrashCade    0
They're building twins on a Common Rail right now, and have built three or four performance Duramax motors.

What common rail are they building? Which duramaxes are you talking about?

DPDIESEL    0
The Only true Diesel performance shop in Idaho Falls is Power Labs. Custom Auto is more accessories and bolt on type stuff. PowerLabs does have a dyno and run it everyday almost. If you head over there you want to talk with Brent. Good bunch of guys.

Also, in Pocatello is Dominator Performance Diesel. Those guys are primarily Dodge guys.

We occasionally let one of the other brand trucks in the shop..... :lol:

custom auto mainly does diesel performance out of there pocy shop not idaho falls and they have a black lowerd 4 door dmax thats like 9?? hp they are building up a common rail to compete with Dominator, they finally got all the parts for it and had the wrong input shaft so we might not see it this year, it was over 800 hp on fuel only before they tore it apart and started building it up for pullin,

RockinJW    0
Custom Auto didn't impress me too much with their behavior at Firebird :mad:

That was an employee that acted dumb and apologized.

As for the trucks they're building.

They are building the Black dodge for pulling, had the motor apart and is now back in the truck and in the process of building the twins.

The black lowered Dmax just had the motor out of it and completely built in house last month and is now back together and is over 900hp. And made a few sub 12 second passes on fuel only so far. ATS did not build it this round.

They just built a motor last week for a blue crew cab LB7 that went 11.25 at the DHRA event saterday. They're building an LB7 motor right now for a lifted crew cab, shooting for 750 on fuel with it. And they will be building another LLY motor for a lowered crew cab as soon as the rods come in, shooting for 750 on fuel with it as well.

There might be some of you in the area that don't like Custom Auto but they've got 3 crew cab dmax's that are running sub 12's. They know what they're doing.

DPDIESEL    0
That was an employee that acted dumb and apologized.

As for the trucks they're building.

They are building the Black dodge for pulling, had the motor apart and is now back in the truck and in the process of building the twins.

The black lowered Dmax just had the motor out of it and completely built in house last month and is now back together and is over 900hp. And made a few sub 12 second passes on fuel only so far. ATS did not build it this round.

They just built a motor last week for a blue crew cab LB7 that went 11.25 at the DHRA event saterday. They're building an LB7 motor right now for a lifted crew cab, shooting for 750 on fuel with it. And they will be building another LLY motor for a lowered crew cab as soon as the rods come in, shooting for 750 on fuel with it as well.

There might be some of you in the area that don't like Custom Auto but they've got 3 crew cab dmax's that are running sub 12's. They know what they're doing.

I don't want to argue but in a way Jason is right. The blue truck is owned by Wade ( I think that's his name ) which is a former employee of ATS and he did the truck.

Also a 900 HP truck should run right about straight 11 second quarter miles or a little under.

RockinJW    0

I think the times were on fuel only and the 900hp was on spray.

Eitherway, with the original poster being a dodge guy, I think Brian and Sean at DPD in Pocatello are the guys to talk to. ;-)

CrashCade    0

Well a congratualtions to Custom Auto then. I didn't realize that they had started building their own stuff.

BlackCloud    0

anybody can make one go that fast if they have enough money to throw at it......

JoshH    0
Custom Auto didn't impress me too much with their behavior at Firebird :mad:
Everybody has had a lapse of judgement. Wade has been around tracks enough that he knows he screwed up. I see no reason to hold it against him or the company. Although I will agree it doesn't reflect well on them.

YMMOT    0
Everybody has had a lapse of judgement. Wade has been around tracks enough that he knows he screwed up. I see no reason to hold it against him or the company. Although I will agree it doesn't reflect well on them.

All the more reason it irks me.

YMMOT    0

It was disrespectful to the track owners and to the ones that invited them at the very least. You never know who is there. The track officials have family at the track at times, too.

To me driving like that is just like waving a gun around that you know is "unloaded". I can tell you I have seen two seperate incidents of unloaded guns going off. I lost a friend my freshman year of high school to someone screwing around with an "unloaded" gun.

Did Randy and I screw around coming back from the track that one time? Absolutely. Was it dumb? Yes. Were we on a road that had a speed limit of 55? Yep. Different than in an area where anyone could be walking out from behind buildings expecting people to be going 15 mph. But still was dumb.

IBDMAX'IN    0

Hey guys,

I just wanted to get on here and let everyone know publicly that I appologize for my actions at the track day in Boise. I know it won't make it right, or make some people think differently of me, but I just wanted everyone to know that I wasn't trying to be the dumb jacka$$ I was.

It's kinda like one of those bad dreams where you go to school with no clothes on and everyone is laughing at you, then you wake up and think to yourself, thank god that was only a dream. Well it's kinda like that but it's not a dream.

I can't honestly tell you exactly what was going through my head at the time, but it's something that I'll have to live with, I'm just glad that no one got hurt and nothing bad happened.

But maybe someday I'll be able to prove myself worthy enough to come and hang out with you all at some events, but that decision is yours. Untill then I'll just enjoy being here in Idaho and try to make the best of things.

Hope to see you all around.

Cheers,

Wade

POWER Freak    0

We'll forgive you as soon as you go through the forgiveness ritual... All you have to do is put some twins on my truck and we'll call it even:lol:

lol jk welcome to the site

YMMOT    0

Wade PMed me directly about this, also. I figure I will post my response here, too.

Wade, I appreciate the apology. I just look back on that and wince because it sure made us diesel guys look bad. I'm very glad that Firebird didn't use that as an excuse to shut down the diesel guys. Rob wrote a letter to them and stated that you ad written a letter apologizing, also.

I guess what really irked me about it was the fact that you have experience and really should have known better. The big thing is, you have the right attitude about it after the fact. If your attitude was, "Oh well, I won't be there again," I'd be REALLY torqued.

I'm sure that I will let it go eventually. Thanks for the apology. I appreciate the effort. Now get your truck into the 10's :thumbup:

Like I said in my PM. Wade's apology to the track and to us goes a long way in my book toward making it right. I expect that his next trip out here to Firebird will be eventfull in the fact that he will be setting records running through the traps.