• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
tatkins85

i need powder coating?

tatkins85    0

hey guys i made the 800 mile drive from california to idaho falls and when i got here my stack had chipped again so im giving up on bbq paint and just going to try the powder coating. first time it chipped i didnt not prep the pipe at all just sprayed it with black bbq paint then it chipped so i took it off and then wire grinded the hole thing and then sanded it then used paint remover and then painted but it chipped again so this time im going with black powder coating. so dos anyone know where i can get this done at around idaho falls or if it can be done by my self? and around the cost 2 have a 3 foot peice of 6 inch pipe powder coated?

CrashCade    0

Definitely not something you can do yourself. It is a process of negatively charging the metal and spraying it with positvely charged powder. Then it has to be baked.

There is a place called Idaho Powder Coating here in I.F.

XLR8R    0

Wow, powder coating prices can really vary... ours would probably charge us around $50 for one, but I don't know if it could take the heat - that's what nice about chrome or stainless steel stacks.

I know they have a high-temp formula for powder coat... you should ask IPC about that.

XLR8R    0

Try to find a place that applies ceramic coating; the silver is good to 1200*F and polishes to a mirror finish, and the black formula's temp range goes to 2200*F.

tatkins85    0

welp im only going with black because the stack come out of my tool box so with the billet color of the tool box i dont think chrome would look good so ive been going with black and its looks awsome exept 4 the chip marks :(

nate    0

Prime it, 2 coats of gloss black and 1-2 coats of clear. Should work fine unless the stack is getting like 1000* or something... which I wouldn't think it'd get that hot.

That BBQ paint sucks balls! I've NEVER had luck with it... even on stuff that doesn't get that hot.