Sign in to follow this  
MUDDY

BOOST

ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my #10 plate was moved fwd 1/16 to 1/8th,.. well decent change sop. but my boost jumped up from35 36 range, which i thought was a bit too high up to 40. so now i need to play w/ the WG. messed w/ the adj boost elbow. didnt work too well. got it down to 36 psi, then tried a bit more backing screw out. dang,,,,,no power or smoke. not much boost either. then the little screw mustve blew out cuz it was gone. replaced it. now back to 40psi. now to do it right i need to mess with the wastegate rod. need to move it out,,,lengthen it. will need to enlist help of some better hands,,,but wonderin,,,,,,,,, to avoid doing it over and over to get it right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

how much will it need to be lengthend to get the desired reduction in boost?????????????? lokin for 32 psi from my I I hybrid 35/40 60/14cmwg :thumbup:

97drw2907brisshopboostelbowPicture0.jpg

well,,,,,thanks to brian,,,,,the boost is where it shld be. back to 36psi.

harold adjusted the wg rod out 5 full turns. weird,,,,,,no change. well,,,,,,,,,,,was advised to use the stock boost elbow. brian changed it for me and yep,,,36 psi.

sucka runs well too. gonna try valet switch then i think im done. after the new fancy brian built side boards she will be conplete :thumbup:

Guest 9812VCTD

Glad you guys got it figured out Muddy! Are you still running stock sticks in your truck?

Justin

Guest 9812VCTD

Wonder why I can only get 30 with my 100 plate maybe I need to mess around with the wastegate rod?

Justin