• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
tatkins85

Fishing questions in idaho.

hey guys ill be moving there in 11 more days. i love to fish, and sence im going to be a newbie to the idaho fishing whats up witht he fishing up there ? someone told me sturgen fishing in snake river? do sturgen make it all the way up there? and also where are the good fishing areas what type of fishing and what type of fish? ill be living in idaho falls so places around there? i cant think that the resivors are gonna be any good sence they freeze over every year could they? probably all streams? what big fish and fun fish is there to catch up there? any and all info about all fishing in idaho will be appreciated. thanks guys.

Guest ShanesLB7

I have a bunch of buddies that sturgeon fish like crazy and say it's the chit... I've only went once and caught a couple six footers and it was fun....:thumbup:

idaho falls eh? i live in IF i fish the south fork all the time its only about a half hour drive from here so you can hit it in the evenings.

youll have a couple hr drive for good sturgeon (twin falls area), most popular around here (I.F.) is the snake river, henrys fork is only and hr from I.F.. mostly trout fishing but there is some good bass and walleye down by twin falls. just because the lakes and resivours freeze over dont mean it kills the fish.

Fishing whats that? lol The boat is still hooked to the dodge. Good bass down here are in the 5lb-8lb range and that is nothing to what california has got. Im not from that area so can't really help you there. But if you are ever going through the Payette area hit me up and we will go fishing.

Guest ShanesLB7
Alot of COLD ONES.... LOL

As Rodney Carrington would say Alot, lot, lot , lot , lot.....:lol: :lol:

Guest ShanesLB7
using bait only results in catching fish, I recomend just sticking with cold ones...:thumbup:

Good one!!!:cheer: :cheer:

is there only good trout fishing around idaho falls? ive been fishing in some areas and looking areas up on the interenet and cant find anything but trout fishing? is there a steelhead or salmon area around here?

ya i was going to head to henrys fork probably the next day we have better wether. is there anywhere around here with steelhead or salmon within like 2 hours away from idaho falls?