Sign in to follow this  
YMMOT

Biodiesel in the Pacific Northwest Work Shop

Doesn't the Stinker stations in Boise sell B20?? I remember reading about that this summer.

caldwell does. for a few cents more than dino diesl at fly j

i dynoed with their bio and gained power and trq over my diesel with all the propere additives

I thought all stinkers in Idaho went to B20.

B20 is NOT B100 though. I would really like to try making some, sure would make pulling the 5er a little easier.

Guest Mopar1973Man

Just for information purpose...

I guess over on CF.com there is several members that are having problems with BIO fuel separating from the diesel and gelling up quickly... I'm glad the Chevron Station here in Riggins, ID is 100% Dino Diesel yet...

I hate to say to my 2 cycle oil doesn't help this problem at all... It remains separted and gelling... This has been tested in MN by a CF.com member... No luck...

Summer time I would love to jump on the BIO wagon... 8)

Summer time would be the time I would use it. That is when I'm getting my worst mileage because of towing 13,000+lbs of 5th wheel. I'd really like to make some for myself. I just wonder how long before the setup would pay for itself.

Whatever the distrubutor there by Emerald/Five Mile is used to have B-99 I'm pretty sure.

Were the guys having problems with the bio running commercially made or was it homebrew?

If you've got the space, time, knowledge and access to the oil I think you could make a set-up pay for itself pretty quickly. It would all depend on how much driving you do of course. I've got the space and a lot of the parts to build a set-up, I just never had the time to do it. The knowledge is available on the internet for free if you want it.