• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
YMMOT

Grr double staging jerks....

YMMOT    0

Well tonight one of the Valley Vette jerks double staged me and freaked me out. He staged even before our times were listed. Well I thought we only had 7 seconds once one of the the two lanes had staged. I went up and protested that the guy staged before the times were listed or before we were even waved up by the starter.

Well, I didn't get anywhere with that, but I did learn something tonight. If the other guy double stages, DON"T panic or worry. You can hold that guy there for as long as you want to build your boost or whatever as long as you don't light YOUR prestage. You have 10 seconds from the time you prestage until you have to be staged.

Lesson learned and I will NOT be flustered again by a quick stager. You guys can learn from my mistake.

nate    0

I was reading somewhere that it's considered bad sportsmanship to not light the 1st light and then wait for the other guy... then light the 2nd light.

YMMOT    0

I know I could have ate that Vette up too... the guy cut a .750 light. I don't think my worst light has ever been that bad.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7

ok so i am confused as hell?? explain a little more for this dumb ass?? did he just jump up there and stage and you weren't ready or what??? sorry i just wana learn...:slap:

YMMOT    0

He jumped up and staged while the win light was still on for the previous racers. Lit both bulbs. I mean you are supposed to verify that they put the correct dial in up before you stage.

It is a courtesy thing to prestage (one bulb) and wait for the other guy to prestage. Courtesy staging is not an enforced rule at the club challenges, but still practiced by drivers that are decent people.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
He jumped up and staged while the win light was still on for the previous racers. Lit both bulbs. I mean you are supposed to verify that they put the correct dial in up before you stage.

It is a courtesy thing to prestage (one bulb) and wait for the other guy to prestage. Courtesy staging is not an enforced rule at the club challenges, but still practiced by drivers that are decent people.

Gotcha!!!! :train: