• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
lly

Help!!!

21 posts in this topic

I am looking at a 94 PSD and the guy thinks it has cracked piston,3 questions.how would you know if it is, how hard would it be to fix it,and about how much would it coast if I did it myself?

Why does he think it has a cracked piston? You can check it with a compression test, remove the head or a bore scope and look in the cylinder. Just depends on how bad it is cracked.

I dont know he just said he was about 90% sure it had one,I dont think he has ran any test on it

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the PSD come out in 95?

94.5 was the first psd. But it was labeled a turbo diesel and only came with a standard trany. 95 was labeled a powerstroke and was available with an auto.

Cost wise not sure. But you would need another piston, check cylinder walls to see if there is any damage, head gasket. Then it depends on what the bearings look like. If everything but the one piston is bad you could get it back together for pretty cheap.

ok,thanks I will know tomarow if the deal goes through

why are you lookin at a powerstroke???

:nutkick Remember this IS the 7.3 Forum , young whiper snapper :ford

:nutkick Remember this IS the 7.3 Forum , young whiper snapper :ford

plus contrary to popular belief, they are very good engines. May not be the best for power, but for a good work truck you cant beat em.:poke:

another thing for all you haters. You guys wouldnt have all these new fancy engines if it hadnt been for the 7.3 powerstroke. Like it or not its true.( | )

plus contrary to popular belief, they are very good engines. May not be the best for power, but for a good work truck you cant beat em.:poke:

another thing for all you haters. You guys wouldnt have all these new fancy engines if it hadnt been for the 7.3 powerstroke. Like it or not its true.( | )

I agree 100% I love the old 7.3's!!!:thumbup:

dad's old 2000 F450 went through like 7 or so turbo's over the space of 80,000 miles roughly while getting it's guts worked out, come to find out pieces of piston were killing the turbo's..... damn thing had 5 broken/cracked pistons and was still going! I'll talk trash about a 6-leaker but that ol 7.3 is hard to beat.

why are you lookin at a powerstroke???

Because the guy is wanting to trade me for my old blazer :thumbup:

I just talked to the guy and he said it runs but it burns oil,craked pistion?:think:and sounds like it is missing

I would say if it was a cracked piston you would have some serious blowby. Check the fuel filter housing and see what color the fuel is. If its reall dark it could be bad injector o rings and he is burning the oil in the fuel.

ah good way to check forgot bout that, also while the engines running pull the oil fill cap and turn it upside down over teh oil fill, if it flies off, excessive blowby, thats a poor mans blowby test

ok,thanks guys,I bought a 91.5 cummins,so I am not shure if I am still going to get it,but I will let you know if I get it .