cetanefreek

2008 F250 for $17K? what's wrong with it?

It's a lot leader. They have ONE at that price and by the looks of it, the thing is about as basic as it comes. 5,000 miles on it. Probably was the dealer's parts truck. If it is spotted by the right person, that would be a GREAT race truck to be.

yeah i am sure the flames make it faster!!!

OH come on boys that video is sooooooooooooo old, hear the ticking? thats the injectors over fueling, a programming error.

Dont forget though, those new fords are having a solid rep for getting 8-10mpg empty. Im in no way sticking up for those 6.4s I wouldnt own one, my Dad and I, with our business own at least one ford from each generation (body style) 70s,80s,90s, and SD. We have 8 or 9 all together, and if I was to buy a newer truck itd be an 04 Dodge, if I chose to afford a brand new one 07-08 itd most likely be a GMC/Chevy

I'm honestly curious what kind of mileage they get after a DPF delete, that is obviously what is killing the economy right? then slap a programmer on there for some timing and open up the intake shouldn't you be right up there in the high teens? just my thinking, i don't actually know one way or the other.

I saw a dura-turd for cheap around here too.... the only thing that makes me even glance at it is the tunability afforded them via EFIlive. if someone comes out with that sort of programmer for a CR I'll have to be buying one, they are going for pretty cheap too.

what I want to find out is what kind of mileage are the new ones getting after a DPF delete?

I found a really nice 6.7L for not much, but is it going to bankrupt me in fuel?

Guest ShanesLB7
what I want to find out is what kind of mileage are the new ones getting after a DPF delete?

I found a really nice 6.7L for not much, but is it going to bankrupt me in fuel?

Depends how much do you drive it? At almost $5 a gallon for diesel it don't take much for it to add up... Last week in two days I burnt 67 gallons of diesel!!:-(

well I guess what I'm saying is my 2nd gen is pushing 700+ at the wheels, and is a pain in the ass to drive in traffic and gets 14 city 18-19 highway, if I can put my skinny little ass in a 3rd or 4th gen and be much more comfortable, easier to drive and burn less fuel I'll be in good shape, if I'm going to be getting 10-12 MPG even after the DPF delete I'm better off staying with a 3rd gen if I get a new one.

Guest ShanesLB7

True and right now they have the 2.99 deal on diesel so it's a good deal...

I have heard some people getting 17-19 in the new 6.7's but on average I hear 15 is the norm

True and right now they have the 2.99 deal on diesel so it's a good deal...

I have heard some people getting 17-19 in the new 6.7's but on average I hear 15 is the norm

Yeah I like that idea 2.99 a gallon for what 3 years guaranteed? wonder what the fine print on that is.

From what Ive read 08 Ford 6.4 seems to have the worst mileage for 08 modelwide.

Yeah I like that idea 2.99 a gallon for what 3 years guaranteed? wonder what the fine print on that is.

From what Ive read 08 Ford 6.4 seems to have the worst mileage for 08 modelwide.

For the first 12,000 miles. per year

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Content

• By D/UNIT
      I have a new Isspro trans temp gauge, complete  in sealed package. 100-280 degrees. 
      This was purchased for a 05 Dodge ctd auto but will probably work for other applications. 
      80.00 or trade.firm
      Brian 208-695-5338

• By 4Play
      The date and location has been set for the ITD website photo and October dinner meet/BBQ.  Bring a dish, your favorite beverages, and possibly a chair or two.  The photo will take place first and then we will be following @MUDDY to a luxurious BBQ site. 
      The location of the photo shoot will be NW of Parma just past

43°49'18.48"N, 117° 0'44.82"W
      https://www.google.com/maps
      Fort Boise WMA - Idaho Fish and Game - Conservation Department
      20847 Old Fort Boise Rd
      Parma, ID 83660

at the end of the road near the river.  We will try to get our fearless leader @MUDDY to arrive a little early and post a couple plates or signs at the end of the road with directions to the exact location.  We are looking to get the photo shoot done in a minimal amount of time so please try to arrive at 10:00 am.
    • By millco
      I don't know if we missed this or not.  This was back in 2013 that they built engine number 2,000,000 for Dodge Ram PickUps.  It is a video that follows the engine through it's assembly.  I think it is pretty cool to watch!

Cummins Builds Ram Engine # 2 Million