• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RockinJW

True meaning of a 500+ daily driver

Whoever thinks big injectors, big single turbos, and heavy towing don't go together may want to reconsider. Just pulled this 38ft triple axle enclosed trailer 270 miles through Idaho and Utah. Trailer weight is just over 10,000lbs and is 8ft wide on the nose. Talk about tugging a brick wall around

Running 76mph it drank 7 gallons of water in 160 miles and got 9.8mpg. Running 67mph it used about 4 gallons of water in 110 miles and got 11.7mpg.

I could tell the second the water tank ran dry, egt's sky rocketed. With water I couldn't get it over about 1240 degrees. Without it, it hit 1450 and I finally let out of it. The water injection kit works awesome! It's so cool to see that pyro start climbing then just all of the sudden stop, like it hit a wall.

PS-this was all done in my 120hp race tune that dynoed 506hp two weeks ago :ford

2305965740075117731wRxMbe_th.jpg

Does the water injection give you any more power, or just cools the engine?

I guess you'd need a big tank to do a 500-600 mile drive?

Snows says at a 40% mix of methanol and water you could see up to 70hp. I've just been running straight water for cooling purposes.

As for it being worth every penny, I couldn't tow with these injectors without it

Rob and I should have taken pictures of us towing each other to Billings and back with our 600+hp daily drivers. Our loaded trailer weight was right about 10k too. We averaged right around 12mpg (rough calculated in my head). We didn't use any water except what we drank on the way :cheer::stir:lol: . I had to throw this one in there too cuz it's the first time I've seen it :runner:

It is nice to see what these trucks can really do when you work them like a truck instead of DD duties. BTW the hottest I saw my EGT's (and I drove mine the whole way) was 1100* at a little over 40psi coming over the divide.

Guest POWERTRIP

That water setup sounds like the $hit.:thumbup: Now just add a little meth in there. :rockin:

Been there and done the water/meth thing with alot of fuel and a big turbo. All I can say is water is great for cooling things down, but what a pain in the ass when used for towing. I agree with nathan, there's nothing better than alot of air.

Ya but that was with a dodge.:poke:

You still have your setup Steve?

HELL NO...THAT SETUP AND NO SELF CONTROL COST ME ALOT OF MONEY...lol

I haven't tried any meth in the system yet. Just been running straight water. My only concern now is that it will use A LOT of water, and all though it's not quecnhing in the cylinders, I'm nervous about using to much water.

Driving back to Idaho Falls tonight from Utah with my new car in it, I only turned the water on when I got to the inclines. Runs fine on the flats at 75mph without, so why spray water.

Guest ShanesLB7
I tried running 100% meth once and the truck didnt like it very much at all, and let me tell you I will never do that again

yeah i've heard pretty much anywhere from a fifty fifty mix to 75/25 is good??? guess I will cross that road when i get my kit!!!:twisted:

yeah i've heard pretty much anywhere from a fifty fifty mix to 75/25 is good??? guess I will cross that road when i get my kit!!!:twisted:
Say no to drugs:

jlvn736l.jpg

Shane 75/25 is about where i popped my headgasket on my 01....3rd gens are tougher though. I saw about 65 hp increase, the cooling feature was nice.

Josh, where did you find that pic of me back in my druggie days? I thought I had them all hidden, especially the ones while wearing my bow tie saftey net outfit!

Say no to drugs:

jlvn736l.jpg

Guest ShanesLB7

:rockin:

Shane 75/25 is about where i popped my headgasket on my 01....3rd gens are tougher though. I saw about 65 hp increase, the cooling feature was nice.

was your head studded?? that's good info brotha!!!

:rockin:

was your head studded?? that's good info brotha!!!

IMO, anything over 50/50 is a waste of time. You usually don't gain any hp and your egt's go up. The heavier modified trucks don't show the hp gains a less mod truck would gain. My old vp truck that dynoed around 610hp fuel only, gained 30 hp with the shit.