• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Guest ShanesLB7

Am I paranoid or what??

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7

Allright Fellas I got my airdog installed this weekend and man it was cake... Thanks to the help of Mark aka 53 Willy's!! anyways my truck seems to smoke alot more and my milege has gone to CHIT...? I do realize I tow a bunch but i can literally watch my fuel guage move... Does this make any sense?? I have injectors, springs, and studs to go in next week so will the new injectors clean up some of the smoke??

I am thinking that i now have an abundance of fuel on stock stick and they can't keep up

mudder500    0

Probaly the skinny pedal too much:thumbup: . But i dont think it should have messed with it that badd but u do have more fuel going to it also. That makes alot more sense i guess:-?

but most likely this :coal on tailgaters too. J/K

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
When does it smoke?

if I don't keep the converter locked up or put the truck in tow haul it will smoke constantly pulling the trailer.. But it smokes off the start til about 10 psi then clears up really well but pretty smokey...

I will try to video it tomorrow and send it to you...

Probaly the skinny pedal too much:thumbup: . But i dont think it should have messed with it that badd but u do have more fuel going to it also. That makes alot more sense i guess:-?

but most likely this :coal on tailgaters too. J/K

Not at $5 a gallon... Driving habits change alot when you pay out the arse for fuel...

Yeah there is more fuel.. I am running 20 psi insteat of 6 psi!!

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
Im running 9 draining to 4 with the new tune. Haha

wow lucky you i used to drain it to 0!!!:-(

Summit    0
I am thinking that i now have an abundance of fuel on stock stick and they can't keep up

it will only get worse with bigger sticks is my guess, there is a slim chance that the extra fuel will get you lit quicker but if your only running 10lbs boost its not lit and wont burn. a cam would help some.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
it will only get worse with bigger sticks is my guess, there is a slim chance that the extra fuel will get you lit quicker but if your only running 10lbs boost its not lit and wont burn. a cam would help some.

Yeah i wasn't hoping that would happen... lol... anyways... the smoke aint too much of a care I can drive around that it just seems like I can literally watch my fuel guage move?? Who knows maybe I am just beating my head on the wall... I will probably get a cam on Don's next batch...

on a side note.. AL how the hell you been?:thumbup:

Summit    0

i know with my truck as the fuel came up the rpms had too as well or the exhaust temps were too high. as far as fuel mileage,,, if your blowin coal while goin down the road your mileage will go down.

im good man, how u du'in.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
i know with my truck as the fuel came up the rpms had too as well or the exhaust temps were too high. as far as fuel mileage,,, if your blowin coal while goin down the road your mileage will go down.

im good man, how u du'in.

I am with ya on that... as long as my rpm's stay up egt's stay down... although I have never hit 1500 with these twins and towing so I am pretty stoked about that...:thumbup: yeah smoke = pooor mpg... :-( I am goona filler up and see what she does this time i might just be an idiot... I have been working 7 miles from home for the last month and now I had to move to another job that is 30 miles one way so I am sure it's me being a dumbass.... lol:smokin

Goood just working hard...

cagdodge    0

might be shootin in the dark- but check your oil make sure you don't have any diesel in the crankcase-- i had an injector crack and my milage went to shit. and when the truck would sit it would bleed the fuel out of the rail and into the motor-- went long enough that it took out my turbo-- the stock injectors are prone to cracking. with extra fuel delivery from the constant pressure at the rail it might have made it worse

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
might be shootin in the dark- but check your oil make sure you don't have any diesel in the crankcase-- i had an injector crack and my milage went to shit. and when the truck would sit it would bleed the fuel out of the rail and into the motor-- went long enough that it took out my turbo-- the stock injectors are prone to cracking. with extra fuel delivery from the constant pressure at the rail it might have made it worse

I will check it... I am goona change it tomorrow so I will keep an eye on it.. Plus I am pulling injectors next friday so we will see what that story tells...:thumbup:

cagdodge    0

what is the microns on the airdog filters? just wondering-- i know cummins and fass have gone to 3 because 10 microns where letting to much through

JoshH    0

Supposedly, you can pull your dipstick and let a drop of oil drip on a white paper towel. You will have an oil spot, of course, but if you let it sit for a while, the fuel will separate and make a much larger ring around the spot of oil if there is any present.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
what is the microns on the airdog filters? just wondering-- i know cummins and fass have gone to 3 because 10 microns where letting to much through

3 micron....:thumbup:

Supposedly, you can pull your dipstick and let a drop of oil drip on a white paper towel. You will have an oil spot, of course, but if you let it sit for a while, the fuel will separate and make a much larger ring around the spot of oil if there is any present.

interesting I might try that!!!

millco    8

I wonder how long it takes to 'appear'? I will have to try that also.........

We just got back from a 350 mi road trip and set a new record for this truck! She drove eastbound at around 73 mph and I drove back westbound at around 64 mph. I think she got a tail wind and I had a head wind. Anyway, it papered out at 19.2 mpg!!!!!!!! I would have to check my log; but, I don't remember getting over 16 with this truck. I do have to wonder why it got so good this trip and why it fluctuates so much. Usually it is around 14 at it's best and there are times it will get me 15 or 16..... I have been wanting to do some 'mileage' injectors to see if that would help. I wonder if I have injector problems or ?

I was gonna say something about your smoke when you left Thur. I didn't think you took off with very much pedal at all. The 'coal' was a rollin' though. You are right about it clearing right up when the boost hits! Seems strange that this was caused by installing the AirDogg.......

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
I I was gonna say something about your smoke when you left Thur. I didn't think you took off with very much pedal at all. The 'coal' was a rollin' though. You are right about it clearing right up when the boost hits! Seems strange that this was caused by installing the AirDogg.......

yeah i am baffled... i don't mind rolling the coal but jeez it's horrid...:-o

POWER Freak    0

Do you have any leaks? I know when I put mine on I thought the fittings where all tight but one was loose and was causind a slow leak that I didn't notice for a few days. Works great now. Nice to hear it was easy for you. Me and Jake had some trouble getting the "draw straw" in.

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7
Do you have any leaks? I know when I put mine on I thought the fittings where all tight but one was loose and was causind a slow leak that I didn't notice for a few days. Works great now. Nice to hear it was easy for you. Me and Jake had some trouble getting the "draw straw" in.

nope no leaks that I can find... but I will go double check ... again.. lol I turned the rail pressure setting down on the smarty and that helped with the smoke it's no where near as bad now... I also hand checked my miledge today after I filled up I guess it wasn't as bad as i though.. it was 16.08 and i was towing pretty heavy this week.. I am checking it again this week as I aint towing or moving a bunch of equipment this week!!:thumbup:

Guest ShanesLB7   
Guest ShanesLB7

Well i did some more tunig with the smarty and smoke from take off is almost non existang now.. unless i really want it to...:twisted: