Guest POWERTRIP

what is this?

Guest POWERTRIP

Can somone tell me what this is and what it does? Bought it at a store goin out of business but not sure what it is.

2928837630051278237S425x425Q85.jpg

2105711060051278237S425x425Q85.jpg

You don't need that Jeremiah, thats one of those things that will make a dodge run better, you know like a ford and you already have a ford, so it won't do anything to your truck. jk :):ford

Guest POWERTRIP

All these Dodge guys on here and no one knows what this is? The only two replys are from Ford guys.:lol:

From what I can gather Jer the Van Aken company sell there micro chip to several Tuner outfits and then they will burn their program onto it. From what I have heard Tony has gotten away from the T6 and gone to the Van Aken micro chip. You might be able to ask the boy's at TDP what ya got and if they can do anything to make it useable for ya!

That is a van Aaken R Box for a 2001 Dodge. It plugs directly onto your pump along with plugging into the map sensor. They give around 65 HP on the top setting (they can be adjustable with optional switch) and in my opinion are much better than the EZ. They fuel really hard down low somewhat like a smarty. It can be made to work on any 98.5-02 Dodge with some adapters. :thumbup:

I think thats a C5, just read about one in Diesel Tech, I think its VanAkens version of EFI Live for a dodge.

Its not a C5. It is a van Aaken R Box (thats why it says CPC-R on it). It fits a 2001 Dodge Cummins. The big black plug goes directly on the VP44 pump and the smaller plug is for the map sensor. The serial number 22262 also tells me that it was manufactured in late 2001 or early 2002 so it is a relatively old box but still good.

A C5 would have deutsch connectors that plug directly onto the computer of a common rail.

Its not a C5. It is a van Aaken R Box (thats why it says CPC-R on it). It fits a 2001 Dodge Cummins. The big black plug goes directly on the VP44 pump and the smaller plug is for the map sensor. The serial number 22262 also tells me that it was manufactured in late 2001 or early 2002 so it is a relatively old box but still good.

A C5 would have deutsch connectors that plug directly onto the computer of a common rail.

DPDIESEL is correct.:smart: He should know since Dominator was one of the primary distributors of van Aaken products in The US for several years prior to van Aaken in the UK going out of business. He is going to be your best resource when it comes to van Aaken questions.

These were a great mild level performance mod for the 24 valve VP pump Dodges. They are comparable to an Edge EZ or a Diablo Puck, but typically have a little stronger bottom end. They can also be used on some motorhomes, medium duty trucks and some agricultural applications that run the 24 valve Cummins engine.

Guest POWERTRIP

Thanks for the help guys.:thumbup: I have had this sitting around for sometime now but never new exactly what it was.

damn guys thats why I said I THINK, it looks like the picture of what was a called a c5 in a damn magazine. Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, I was just takin a shot at it

damn guys thats why I said I THINK, it looks like the picture of what was a called a c5 in a damn magazine. Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, I was just takin a shot at it

No feathers ruffled my man. :thumbup: Without knowing the different plugins for the different trucks it is hard to tell with the van Aaken boxes because they all came in the same enclosures.

Nothing ruffled here.:lol: Sorry if it come off that way. My bad.:oops:

That is one thing that made it difficult to distinguish which vA module went where. They all come in the same deutsch enclosure. Just wanted to make sure that it didn't get tried on the wrong application.